[Dynagroove] ALL GIRL LINEUP TONIGHT !!!

Dubtempo at aol.com Dubtempo at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 20:23:56 PDT 2001

I totally agree!!
The whole "female DJ" phenomenon is blowing up, and definitely being
marketed.
I see "jiggy" music videos were all the DJ's at their party's are females. I
drive by bus stops with adds for clothing lines using a picture of a female
DJ to market it.  I open up one of my girly magazines, and theirs a picture
of a female with fake, long, shiny red nails cueing up the new mushroom jazz
record endorsed by Maybeline.
I find this offensive, and quite pathetic. Showcasing a DJ based on their sex
is sad!
As a Graffiti Artist I can relate to this, nothing bugs me out more then
someone giving me props for being a female, or other female artist's asking
me to join their "girl crew".
I do not find this empowering as a woman, it feels more like were taking a
step back and killing more hard work women have striven for since the days of
liberation.

book DJ's for their skills, not their gender. (although this party does have
a phat line up, your idea is demeaning)

-=paula