[Dynagroove] TP review

amy at reelhouse.net amy at reelhouse.net
Mon Jul 2 19:13:28 PDT 2001

I can't remember the last time I bothered to stick around at an event past
2:30... much less danced more than a combined total of one hour...  for a while
there I thought I had lost my love of dancing and good music...

Until I went and danced for three hours straight, until 4 a.m. last Saturday to
Terrence Parker's set at the Wonderbar...

I have not had that much FUN in so long... the crowd was very receptive to
Terrence's selection and style...

It was funny, I was talking with him before his set and he was talking
about "going deep"... it's amazing to me how that phrase has such different
meanings for different people.  When most DJs say they are "going deep", it
usually means to me that they are "going boring"... but to Terrence, it means
digging deep into twenty years worth of collecting excellent music, and putting
together a set that not only makes you dance, but smile as well.

To those of you who skipped it, you missed more FUN than I've seen at ANY party
in LA  since I moved here four years ago.  Hopefully TP will be back soon.

Amy