[Dynagroove] all the true vinyl junkies- look out!!

Rotate Vinyl rotate_45 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 21:28:31 PDT 2002

Hello All!
 First off I'd like to thank Cade for a really spendid
show last Saturday. I've heard Diz quite a bit this
last year (always on point!) but he was really working
it on Saturday! He was totally into it and had the
crowd hyped! And the tracks, damn. Nothing but
shuffling, funky, beats. I was impressed once again.
Thank you Diz and thank you Cade.

  Second order of business is Rotate 45. I hope you
guys and gals will support this event and others like
it. The point of the concept is to bring vinyl back to
the forefront. 7 inch records have been long forgotten
in the days of the jukebox. There have been many
innovative   artists out there who have done their
part to see that these little discs aren't overlooked.
(Dj Shadow, Cut Chemist, Dj P, etc.) But as far as the
Los Angeles  house scene goes, baby, we're lagging.
This party if nothing else will give us the
opportunity to hear dj's we already know and respect
to play an entirely different set than we've ever
heard them play before. I've heard Iz play many, many,
times. Never an entire set of 45's. Trust me, the dj's
for the night are so excited for this Saturday and
can't wait to drop some serious tunes. All the
dj's/producers involved have HUGE collections of these
little gems that are sitting in the studio and
collecting dust. Come by and hear the original songs
that many of our favorite dance songs were made of.
Come by and support vinyl in it's rarest form. Oh
yeah, and it's only $10 bucks!

Here's the info. I'll post the info once more on
Friday.

Saturday, August 10th

Rotate 45

A celebration of vinyl in it's rarest form, 7 and 10
inch classics ONLY, all night long!

Djs' for the evening include:
IZ (Classic Rec. / Guidance / mmf) San Fransisco

PETER BLACK (Shadow Print / Tango) Los Angeles
(closing set)

MES (beat non stop) Los Angeles

JR ROACH (Jazzid Up! / High FM)

Cover charge: $10     open from 10 to 4am
full bar for the 21 & up crowd

This event will take place at a very limited capacity
venue in Hollywood. Call the info line night of for
detailed directions.

info: 323.960.4316  rotate_45 at yahoo.com =====

- check out the L.A.B.A. site complete with new
tracks, pics, bios,
live sets, and upcoming events,
http://www.labadj.com/fkB_adrienne.html