[Dynagroove] Eyewitness@Design Forms

Mack Spicoli at happ-e.com
Mon Feb 25 20:31:46 PST 2002

I think he means studio 54, right?

--- ".WOODWORK ." <woodw0rk at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Part: 1
><P><STRONG></STRONG>apparently we need to keep an eye out kuz theyre among=
 us. but how sucky it would be to have an elitist studio 51 type of nonsens=
e. lotta cops for such a small party.<BR><BR></P></DIV>
><DIV></DIV>
><DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "daniela campins" <DANIELACAMPINS at HOTMAIL.COM>
><DIV></DIV>&gt;To: dynagroove at reelhouse.net, designforms at hotmail.com=20
><DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Dynagroove] Eyewitness at Design Forms=20
><DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:27:40 +0000=20
><DIV></DIV>&gt;=20
r at <a href=3D'http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_etl_EN.asp'>http://explorer.msn=
.com</a>.<br>Part: 2
>From : "daniela campins" <danielacampins at hotmail.com>
>
>To : dynagroove at reelhouse.net, designforms at hotmail.com
>
>Date : Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:27:40 +0000
>
>Subject : [Dynagroove] Eyewitness at Design Forms

><DIV>
><DIV>Mi testimony</DIV>
><DIV>10:00 PM Saturday February 23rd I arrived to the venue located at Ora=
nge and Santa Monica in the Hollywood area.&nbsp; Everything was looking gr=
eat.&nbsp; This clean venue with its white rounded tall walls was beautiful=
, the bar area was nice, some good urban art work was being displayed at th=
e wall that divided the bar from the dance floor, sound was ready, and visu=
als too.&nbsp; Diz and Dan Curtin were already in town having dinner at the=
 moment with the promoters, and ready to rock the night away.&nbsp; The bes=
t of all the venue had all the permits required by the city for alcohol, mu=
sic, and dancing.&nbsp; What else could the promoters ask for, an amazing l=
ine up in a safe and secure venue in a great area.&nbsp; Everything was on =
point, ready to go.</DIV>
><DIV>Soon after 10:00 pm people started to show up.&nbsp; The&nbsp; music =
was banging, it was great.&nbsp; Everything seemed smooth at the door every=
time I went to check, everyone that want it to drink had to show their ID.<=
/DIV>
><DIV>At 1:00pm for some reason I decided to hang out at the door with Brya=
n (the guy doing the door), very soon the security guard says that there wa=
s some guy trying to come in with a loaded gun.&nbsp; The security guy sent=
 the guy to leave the gun at his car.&nbsp; The promoters did not know what=
 to do, this guy( obviously an undercover cop) and some lady (were both aro=
und 35years old, and did not look like party goers at all) were admitted at=
 the party after paying with $20 marked bills.&nbsp; Soon after this happed=
 the promoters knew that there was something really shady going on.&nbsp; I=
 was still at the door when the same guy walked outside the party, I looked=
 at him, he seemed very nervous.&nbsp; Later on around 1:45 pm the party wa=
s going off&nbsp; and I had forgotten about the weird couple that came in.&=
nbsp; I could hear Dan Curtin playing some dope techi shit.</DIV>
><DIV>All of the sudden a train of 10 or more cops came violently running f=
ast through the entrance pushing people and myself out of the way, and bash=
ing the door guy against the wall and handcuffed him.&nbsp; Then kept on ru=
nning to the DJ booth and pushed the needle from Dan's' record, and kicked =
everyone out.&nbsp; _LAPD the party is over_one of the officials yelled wit=
hout any valid reason at all.&nbsp; After everybody was gone the cops reali=
zed that everything was in order, legal,and released the guys that were han=
dcuffed, the cops left without arresting anybody, and without any evidence =
at all.</DIV>
><DIV>Design Forms was officially over, all the work, effort, and heart tha=
t was put into a proyect like this that so LAPD raids a 100% permitted, pea=
ceful gathering without a search warrant, or right at all, basically violat=
ing our civil liberties.</DIV>
><DIV align=3Dleft>I hope that action is taking against the responsible of =
this illegal act.&nbsp; And the only thing that I can think of to prevent t=
his for happening again is to do the parties at club venues.&nbsp; BUT, do =
we really want to experience an underground party at the places that all of=
 us house heads go on wed, thurs, friday, or sunday.&nbsp; Plus, the vibe i=
ts never the same.&nbsp; Hopefully we all find a solution to this problem.&=
nbsp; I think that all of us as party goers, and the promoters of course, n=
eed to start understanding what our rights are. So next time something happ=
ens we can stand up for ourselves, and be able to talk to cops and protect =
our event, and our reputation.&nbsp; We need to do something about this now=
, before is to late.&nbsp; Or soon, we'll end up going to Giant or Spunday =
on saturday night instead of the real underground house shit.&nbsp; </DIV>
><DIV align=3Dleft>If any of you want to help out, send a testimony to the =
following links, keep your self involved with these organizations, and lear=
n how to protect your civil liberties.<A href=3D"http://www.emdef.org/incid=
entreport.html">http://www.emdef.org/incidentreport.html</A></DIV>
><DIV align=3Dleft>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A href=3D"http://www.adu.org/news/2002/110=
22002c.html">http://www.adu.org/news/2002/11022002c.html</A></DIV>
><DIV align=3Dright>See you all next time</DIV>
//go.msn.com/bql/hmtag4_etl_EN.asp'>Click Here</a><br>