[Dynagroove] CD Review>>>>Andy Alba-Disc Jockey Show<<<<<<

Justin justin at reelhouse.net
Tue May 21 10:58:04 PDT 2002

Let me start by saying I hate it when someone send's me a CD and asks me to
review it, because alot of the stuff that people put out as demo CD's are
nothing but 80 min. of crap... half-assedly mixed toghether w/ no fore-thought
as to what direction they are trying to go in and usually the mixes are
reminicent of a haphazard Amtrack ride......with that said....

"Disc Jockey Show" is deffinatley one of the better CD's I have recieved in
quite a while. There is a strong sense of direction as to where the CD is
going, and most (if not all) of the mixes are insightful and come toghether
beautifuly creating layers and textures of sound that add to the dimension of
the last record. The track selection ,again,is good (I see someone likes Inland
Knights as much as I do) I also really enjoyed track 9 "Janis" by 100Hz (Miks
mix)somehow this record has eluded me while shopping, but it's a dope track w/
samples of Janis Joplin....."If you've got it today you don't wear it tommorrow"
"As we learned on the train tommorrow never happens...it's all the same fucking
day" along w/ some of her classic soulful moans and groans. And of course the
classic "Streetlife" is a great song that at first I didn't really think
belonged on this CD, but after further listening I think it fits in just fine.
So all-in-all I think it's a great CD. Andy keep up the good work and send me
the next one fo' sheezy!

A little long but...that's my review

                                      C.diddy
                          (the artist formerly known as Conway)