[Dynagroove] giving credit where credit is due

Amy amy at reelhouse.net
Tue Nov 12 17:44:30 PST 2002

I came across my most FAVORITE record of ALL time in 1995...the Kenny larkin
remix of Inner City's "Share My Life".  If you've heard it, you understand how
it could easily be ANYONE's favorite record.  Simply beautiful.

Now imagine my horror as I recently listened to Igloo's fifth 12 inch. Song 1:
"Outter City" is the EXACT same track, minus the gorgeous vocals, and WITHOUT
any credit given to the original artists or remixers. Maybe I wouldn't care so
much if it were a white label or something, but it really bothered me,
especially when I considered who put this track out. Yes, I know this knockoff
shit happens all the time, but I am really sad to see the anyone other than the
original artists take the credit for my favorite record.

This track is so amazing that I'm sure many of you have it, and I won't be
surprised if I hear it out all the time... I just wanted to bring this point
up, so that when you praise this "new" record you just heard/played/bought,
that you praise the right people, Kevin Saunderson & Kenny Larkin.

Amy