[Dynagroove] Diz @ Las VegASS

Ramon Valdez tahimik01 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 17:03:44 PST 2002

The party was held at the Venetian Hotel @ WB's Studio 16. Nice little spot. Cool, no strangling heat whatsoever. When me and maryanne walked up the stairs to the party, they were playing bling bling-ing hip hop.  Dont get me wrong, I love the music but I thought I was in a rap video or something.  Anyways, I see Diz, chillin out in the patio with some folks, I walk up to him, give him a pound and he later tells me that they wont let him spin. He was supposed to start at 1, but the hip hop promoters wanted to keep the dj playing, but finally they let him play. He got paid, so they had to let him play, Dammit! He let the last hip hop track end which was "PASS THE CORVASIER" and proceeded to rip the house down and funk people up at about 2.  The hip hop heads that were on the dance floor scattered like they did not know what to do or how to dance to this new music that was blasting in their ears. Looking like lost souls they immediately grabbed as much couch as they could and stare.  There were very few (I'd say about a good 15-20) real heads including the House Society guys who'd I'd like to thank for throwing this party.  It was a fun as far as Diz being there to tear the decks apart, but the vibe sucked except for those guys that kept lighting up a J every 10 minutes and the "other" folks who listen to "dance music". They pretty much covered the floor, shaking EVERYTHING they're momma gave 'em.  Much props to House Society, they made our saturday evening fun. But did we play the tables?  Of course we did, but I have no comment on that.

PEACE