[Dynagroove] correction for "electro" quote

Aaron Michelson booking at aaronmichelson.com
Thu Jan 23 11:19:58 PST 2003

Well put, Cle. I want to clarify a few things though.....

The recent resurgence of electro in popular dance culture was both propelled into an overnight success by the press (and subsequently killed off).... the sound itself was recently aligned by its proponents to fashion, art and so on... very different from proponents of the house music scene.

Keep in mind however that at the root of this so-called electro-clash popular movement or whatever you want to call it is electro - a sound which was critically integral in the foundation of (ware)house music in Chicago (pre-1987)..... and later synonymous with what we know today as house music.

Boing, booom chuck gave way to the boompty-boomp we all know and love.

For more on this, there's an excellent book by Bill Brewster called "Last Night a DJ Saved my Life" about the history of the DJ from the turn of the century onwards.

Aaron

From: Clayton Acklin <claytonland at attbi.com>
Date:  Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:18:00 -0800