[Dynagroove] "House is a Feeling" Thank You......

Sunsetfilm at aol.com Sunsetfilm at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 20:48:05 PST 2003

First of all we like to thank everyone that made it to House is a Feeling.
It's interesting to hear all the negative comments about an event like this
when you have absolutely not even the slightest thought or hint or even guess
on what it took to make this night happened for you all. With the fire inspect
ors being out all night and us preparing for them a month before the event
when we had to change venues. There was a lot of last minute changes, we were
going to have free alcohol for the 21 and over upstairs as a surprise bonus
but we didn't want to take the risk because all the hype about the fire
marshals coming by, and they did, 3 times, thanks to the professional staff
at Q topia there set up was way up to par and I was very happy with them and
the location, and by the way you can't find a venue like this that has all
their permits for an 18 and over event in Hollywood and we were definitely
not going to take you Downtown LA. When doing a big event like this your
budget dramatically grows the last week. We had 400 presale tickets out there
for 20$ a lot of tickets considering we only sold almost 500 tickets at the
door because we didn't want to over pack the venue, besides letting over 200
friends, guest and promoters in for free. We were very generous at the door
to the people that couldn't pay $30  and let them in for less when they
asked. We weren't going to charge 30$ at the door but we had to because of
our budget. And we never said it was 25$ at the door who ever sent that info.
out it wasn't from us. Financially it was very devastating to us believe or
not. But what we promised, we delivered, it was an 18 and over event we
didn't advertise alcohol because we weren't going to serve any, but were
planning on giving it away for free, if we were going to advertise it, we
would have said a bar for the 21 + like we normally do. But in consideration
to everyone that asked us if they can leave to get liquored and come back we
let them, we didn't say no.  We had three rooms of music just to provide you
different area's to explore, if you didn't like what they were playing in one
room you had 2 other's to choose from, and I promise you the music was great
all night it just matters what mood you were in the time you were listening
to it. We respect everyone's thought's and opinions and take consideration to
everyone's feed back. We're glad that 95% of you had a great time, you can't
please everyone. Next time around we will make a few adjustments to make it
100%. But we were the only venue that weekend that had over a thousand people
that didn't get shut down because of the new firemarshal inspections... you
welcome. My partner Jose and I said to each other the night after our event
that did is the last event that we're doing considering the long process of
months of preparation and at the end being financially disappointed, then the
next day we started talking about our next event, considering that we do this
because we're addicted to throwing good events for the people and not for the
money, but for the quality and also for the love we have for our scene here
in LA - And finally thanks to all the Dj's, Harvey and specially Mark Farina
who is so hard to book, but it is always a pleasure to have him come down to
play in L.A., we're grateful that everyone had a safe night and we hope to
see you all next time.
Marty

Thanks from Fresco
(Jose, Edwin & Marty)
P.S. Our next event will be coming up soon, and have we got something up our
sleeves for you.........