[Dynagroove] TP last Thursday

Amy Ricketts amyr at dynagroove.com
Mon Sep 8 11:11:23 PDT 2003

In case you missed it (which most of you did) Terrence Parker played at
the Ivar last Thursday night.  I have never been able to figure out why
more people don't show up when he plays in LA, but whatever.  You missed
out.  He rocked.  It was probably the best set I have heard all summer
long.

I don;t know what all the  recent fuss about his "transition" in record
selection was about... he isn't really playing any differently than he
ever did... he hasn't switched to playing nothing but gospel, he has
simply eliminated certain records from his crates that had less than
positive messages.  i was very happy to hear my favorite old remix of
brighter days.

Next time, you should definitely check him out!

Amy