[Dynagroove] Believe Afterhours review?

Callaghan, Shannon Shannon.Callaghan at disney.com
Thu Apr 15 09:07:16 PDT 2004

It's put on by Jose Marquez and last week was the first night at a new
location, which is dope, it's at a tattoo parlor.  I got there around
1:30am and it was pretty dead, but as it got later/earlier heads rolled
in, it never really got packed but definitely enough to set a cool vibe.
One thing I REALLY like in a venue is when you're able to smoke freely
and after being there about 5 minutes I asked a guy that I could tell
works there (tattoo shop not Believe) what the bud smoking situation was
and he said I have a bong in that back let's go, so I hit the bong in
the room where he does piercing & tattoos.  If that's not a welcome I
don't know what is : )   He even offered to pierce me, I passed : )  The
crowd was not drugged or cracked out at all.  I'm not sure how it will
be from now on or if any of the heads that used to go when it was on
Melrose are going to show up here since it's in the hood off Crenshaw
Blvd.  But if they do it's definitely a GREAT crowd that knows their
music, dancing and how to party into the wee hours of the morning.  This
week Tony Powell will be there along with Albert Diaz, Jose will be out
of town.  It should be another stellar night, I know I'll be there!