[Dynagroove] Welcome Home.

A-ron aaron at groovetickets.com
Thu Jan 8 13:23:13 PST 2004

I drove back from Texas earlier than I wanted to.  I had to cut my visit with
my mom short cause I had to be back in the land of fruits and nuts in time for
work.  Of the 37 New Years Eve events in Los Angeles listed on
Groovetickets.com, three of them were big enough to require a "representative"
to run the will call at the door.  One of the three should probably count as
two events due to the size, but whatever.  Giant Venture, Digweed at Avalon,
and Together as one sold over 1,200 presale tickets each for this night.
Being the newbie, I got assigned to work Together As One.  It had been so long
since I had been to a rave, why not.  Party on.

I spent my New Years countdown in a chicken coup.  Well, it wasnt really a
chicken coup, but it felt like one.  It was actually a shed of shorts with
nothing but pop open windows and metal barstools inside.  After arriving at
the Sports Arena at 6pm, I set up my cute little computer and popped open the
window.  Groovetickets was ready to give you your tickets.  Hours passed.
Wanttickets didnt send someone to run their will call.  "Did you buy your
tickets on 'want' or 'groove'?  They're different companies.  I'm sorry.  I
don't have your tickets.  Please step aside.  No, I dont know when they'll be
here."

The line for "groove" started to get long.  I couldn't see where it ended like
I had been able to the past couple hours.  Then, my best friend showed up.  He
had promised he'd help me run the will call.  He didn't mind spending his
night cooped up in a 4x8 shed with me.  I guess that's what makes him my best
friend.  The line started to move faster until it became non-existent about
11:45pm.

I heard the 10-9-8 shouted from the partly outdoor jungle room.  Ay, yeah,
selecta, it was midnight and 2004, but I had to stay in the shed that was
starting to feel more and more confining for an hour and a half more.  Fuck!
That period of time saw about 5 more customers picking up their tickets.
There was this little girl whose name was "sparkles mccane."  I swear.  Her
credit card wouldn't swipe so I had to search for her tickets in the database
manually.  She had candy on up to her shoulders.  I asked her for one, but she
wouldnt give me one, fucking bitch.  Oh, there was also a guy who offered us
weed for tickets.  We said no.  He came back and offered us weed and ecstasy
for tickets.  We said no.  He came back again and offered us weed, ecstasy, a
new pack of cigarettes, and 20 bux.  Again, we said no, but this time told him
not to come back.  I sort of wished I could have given him my bracelet though.
42 people did not pick up their tickets.  These will probably all turn into
"charge-backs" which are the bane of my existence.  I hate these things,
although I argue and win them quite suavely.

I didn't even go in to Together As One.  I was so hungry from working all day
and all night that all I needed was some Taco Bell, stat.  I had this master
plan for NYE to work till 2 and then party like it's 1999 at TAO, Giant, and
Digweed.  After packing up the cuteputer and stopping at the Schleven to get
some water and gum, we headed to the Bonaventure hotel to check things out at
Giant.  There was no line to get in at 2am.  There was a line to get into the
rooms, though. From dealing with angry customers all week, all I can say is
how can you expect their not to be a line to get into an event that sold
thousands and thousands of tickets.  Anyway, we didnt stay for long.  My feet
didnt even touch a dance floor.

I thought that Digweed at Avalon was going to make me have this Heaven Sent
type experience.  Slow motion, head back, extended arms, (sings that little
riff of notes). You know what I’m talking about.  I tried to get into the
music, which although not my exact flavor, was damn good, but I was just too
tired.  I decided to HEAD HOME after a failed attempt to party hard and wrap
myself in a blanked near the fireplace till I fell asleep.  I even tried to
make it to the Naked party on the 1st, but being HOME just felt too good to
leave.

I'm writing this because last night I felt like I had the New Years
celebration that I didnt have on December 31, 2003.  I got to shake the booty
something fierce.  I was excited to HEAD HOME after not being in the Cantina
in a while.  Miss L was on point.  She warmed up the bump very nicely for Tim
Phin.  Now, I have never heard Tim before, but I have to say that I think we
may have a new boy band, ladies.  I liked just about every track he played and
they all went together pretty seamlessly.  My admiration was totally won when
I heard some Blue Cantrell thrown in.  YES!

So thanks to Miss L and Leonard for making last night happen.  It was nice to
be home.

take care,

doctor groove
........i mean, Aaron