[Dynagroove] My Late Weekend Review....

Shannon Callaghan shannon_kathleen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 15:59:09 PDT 2004

My weekend was terrific!!  Friday night I decided to have some people over to drink and hang out before heading to Inspiration, which is and always the highlight of my weekend.  This week I was able to get quite a few friends that had never been before to go, thanks you guys, you know who you are!!  Every single one of them, along with any others I have convinced to go in the past, have all said the exact same thing, “damn you were right Shannon, this place is DOPE!”  Seriously guys I just wish I could get you in there once because I know you’ll be back…that’s all it takes…one visit!  Check it out sometime if you’re feeling crazy or are in need of something different!  Hit me up for information if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

I too had a another GREAT time on the boat...even know it was raining and we were pretty wet by the time we were able to get on…but that didn’t get anyone’s spirits down, everyone made the best of the rain and played in it.  The benefit of the rain was it kept people inside and dancing…if you could.  There were a couple times where I’d be movin & groovin, then the boat would rock and I’d stumble forward, backward, sideways, wherever, not fun to look so fucked up when you’re actually not.  Half way threw the cruise I said I can’t wait to dance on dry land and was determined to get down at the after hours…  Watching the lightning from the boat was pretty fucking cool and a little scary at the same time.  I enjoyed every djs set, unfortunately that’s all I can say because I was all over the place and can’t remember.  Got to see 2 girls eat shit so hard on each other, classic.  Saw 3 girls getting crazy in the corner, I almost couldn’t believe my eyes ;)  We docked and I couldn’t
  wait to
 get to Ben’s loft (btw if any of you haven’t been there yet and have a chance too GO!)  Jason told me they had spent a long time the night before cleaning & what not....I wasn’t thinking too much more could be done to the place but man was I wrong!!  It looked amazing, the best I’ve seen it!!  They had the tables set up on the other side of the room and IMO is the best place for them!!  They had the front chill area turned into a little “love lounge” with lights, rugs and pillows on the floor, it was the perfect place to chill and get re-energized for more dancing…which I was able to get down like I wanted too all night!!  After being there about ½ hour or so Dazy came on and she actually blew me away!!  The best set I’ve ever heard her ever play, very different from what I could remember her playing in the past as it’s been awhile since I’ve heard her live.  Mark came on again and kept it tight until Ben came on and shut the mother fucker down!!  I always love Ben’s sets…al
 ways!
 Finally at about 11:30 Sunday morning the whole weekend caught up to me and I had to go home and crash.  On the way home my & my girls were saying this weekend was the best and nothing could’ve made it any better!!

Congrats on 6 years Ben, here’s to six more!!  Thank you & the many friends you have that help out party after party so you could put your all into them!!  Special thanks for giving us a place to get together with some of the coolest down to earth people in this scene year after year!!

XOXOXOX Shannon

P.S. Don’t forget Tony Largo will be at Therapy on Thursday, hit me up if needed!

 ~May I always trust my highest power that I’m exactly where I’m meant to be~