[Dynagroove] green miles

Benjamin benjamin at bodyrockdjs.com
Thu Sep 2 14:31:20 PDT 2004

a sampling of my dorky emails.  join our list if you wanna.  but you should
come to our free party.
www.bodyrockdjs.com

as i sit here listening to miles davis blow his horn for a french movie made
in 1958, it put me in the mood to email you guys.... so here it is.

we aren't very good about promotion.  we stopped flyering cars.  we work
long days.  we get out when we can and then we are not as boisterous as we
should be. but that is for a couple of reasons.  namely, security is
generally ridiculous in clubs these days and you never know when you'll get
the boot for handing out flyers. (it's the patriot act i tell ya. j/k)
also, people are just so jaded when you try and talk to them about an event,
free or not.  anyway we aren't the hardcore promoters we used to be.  so
post this to yer friends or email the folks you think might be interested in
the park party.  your friends want to know they just don't know it yet.  and
since we don't know where they live we can't really promote to them;)

oh and we have a replacement for joeshua, he's not gonna be able to make it
because his right arm is messed up.  he's got a great ear for low
frequencies and we wanted him to show a little of his ability, but maybe
next time.  he's fine, he just has to recover so JORDAN from Uniting Souls
will replace him.  and Jordan is widely respected as one of the best
underground deep house djs in socal.  sounds like a great replacement from
the same crew too.  so those of you, that will send out info, send it with
the new info below.

aaaand the mar-ty-que will be in effect only until about 5pm cause he has to
work later that night at some other outdoor party.  sheesh.  Al J is excited
to beat his drum thingy's with us again.  John Holeyfield always has his
name misspelled on fliers, but he still likes us anyway and he bought new
records.  as fer buck ask any house dj about him and they'll ya he's the
bombfrizzignizllbobber, yo.  i'm gonna attach a little bio here ya go, read
it, it's about our homie buck.  he's also one of marcus' myspace
connections.  soon to be mine i didn't know we weren't connected.  and Buck
is very happy to finally play in the sunshine.

The West Coast sound -- always deep, soulful, dubbed-out, soothingly tribal
and psychedelically funky -- is what shapes, molds and modernizes the
house-music vibe for the rest of us. DJ Buck (born Kuyumptiwa Kopavi) was
transplanted to San Francisco from New York while he was still in grade
school. By 1994, he became one of the original members of Third Floor
Productions along with DJ Rasoul, B. McCarthy, DJ EFX and DJ Digit and two
years later was unleashing his own eclectic West Coast house on his own Leaf
label. The Leaf sound bumps and grooves with persuasive percussion,
occasional vocal riffs and hypnotic four-to-the-floor motion. In 2001, Buck
relocated to Los Angeles to team up with Doc Martin, Juan Nu-ez, "Little"
Chris Pocino and Tony Watson and continues to dish out tracks on the Tango,
Westbound and Tweekin labels. The dance floor pumpin' teddy bear of a DJ
makes his Philly debut alongside our own dub-fueled Worship records crew.

So here's how it goes:

_________________________
saturDAY September 4th join us

Buck (Leaf Recordings) 4-6
Jordan (Uniting Souls LA)   2-4
John Holyfield (Dr. Funkenstein)  12-2

with a closing set by

Benjamin & Marcus of
BodyRockDJs (streetsradio, bodyrockdjs.com)   6-7:30??
w/ Live percussion by Al J

under the sun we dance.  the rythym of life we celebrate.  we are music.
bring a guest and a friend.  again.

featuring the Mar-ty-que
(until 5pm, so get there early)

saturDAY September 4th
free and open to all ages
12-dusk
@ woodley park (just north of the 405/101 interchange burbank blvd and
woodley, same as last time)
323.281.8181  and bodyrockdjs.com

bass by rhythm-n-sound.com      flyer design by lillyanne

peace and sunshine beats,

benjamin at bodyrockdjs.com
http://profile.myspace.com/users/787867
http://www.myspace.com/thebodyrockdjs
www.bodyrockdjs.com
_________________________

just above, that's what you should post and/or email everywhere, or this
whole damn email i don't care.  it's good to have people attend the free day
party.  agreed?  agreed!

so HELP if you wanna.... wanna,  wanna, doncha know you wanna fanta, you
know wanna fanta, wanna, wanna.... see what happens.  jesus. i need therapy.
and i can't remember how the lyrics go.

oh yeah and other important stuff........  September is our outdoor month
all of a sudden we're hosting this party, but we're also playing two other
outdoor parties.  both of which should be fun for us.   one of them has one
million djs too.*  info just below.

SEPTEMBER 18TH / 19TH :: 2004 :: Sunset til Sunset ::

EARTHDANCE

:: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ::

JOIN US ON SEPTEMBER 18TH + 19TH FOR THE
EIGHTH ANNUAL GLOBAL GATHERING FOR WORLD PEACE
UNITING 120 CITIES IN OVER 50 COUNTRIES
<><><><><>
24 HOUR OUTDOOR CAMPOUT

Join us on Saturday September 18th + 19th for the Worlds largest
synchronized global dance event,
an outdoor journey starting on Saturday at SUNSET and will last for 24 fun
lovin' hours. This years
Southern California gathering will take place at a pristine forest location
only 25 miles north of
LA and features Two area's with special Sundown, Sunrise, Morning +
Afternoon  Delights
by some of the worlds most prolific DJ's, visual artists, musicians +
performers.

<><><><><>
FEATURING WORLD CLASS MUSICAL GUESTS
DJ'S. VISUAL ARTISTS, LIVE MUSICIANS, DANCERS + PERFORMERS
<><><><><>
DONALD GLAUDE
MUTAYTOR
ELITE FORCE
TAYLOR
BRIAN + BRAD (MOONTRIBE)
JASON BLAKEMORE
ANGEL ALANIS
BODY ROCK DJ'S
OSCURE
FREDDY BE
BUD BROTHERS
JEREMY OLIVER
MATT XAVIER
E.L.M
WYSE
URBAN GYPSY
NAKED RHYTHM
BALL OF WAX
BRIAN SAITZYK
THA ROMAN
DAVE DELASKI
DAVE DOLPHIN
DAVID STARFIRE
SHAYN ALMEIDA
JEAN LOUIS XIV
RIKSHARAJ
ALIEN TOM
DR BLISS
DEEP

LIVE VISUALISTS + CYBER SHAMANISM by VJ'S

ARCANE vs OPTICUS

<<<><>*<><>>>
YOU ARE A VITAL PEACE. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
All of us who journey on the Great Mother Earth are gifted with rights and
responsibilities,
with choice and opportunity. This networked age of limitless information
provides unprecedented
insight into the lives of our fellow travelers. With insight comes awareness
and with awareness
the responsibility to act, to work peacefully and mindfully to change things
for the better.
<<<><>*<><>>>

For full details on line-up, directions, presale tickets
+ other general info check website + information lines.

:: Website + other info :: Coming soon ::

:: Stay tuned 4 future updates ::

Tickets $30 week of the event
$25 DISCOUNT PRE SALES AVAILABLE @
http://www.wantickets.com/?req=event&e_id=9030

www.earthdance.org/la/
heartcore at earthdance.org
818 569 5413

and
Saturday Sept 25th
Uniting Souls Los Angeles & Open Minds present..

..:: DEEP FOREST VIBE ::..

..:: confirmed musical & spiritual guides ::..

Mr. Annand
Lillyanne
Jordan
Joeshua
Zack Hill
Vanyo
Pescado
Theory

and a special afternoon "sunset" session by The BodyRock Dj's..
(bringing that park jam vibe into the forest!)

*food & liquids will be in effect!
*camping will be effect!
*deep house music will be in effect!

this will be located on private land in the Angeles National Forest,
and only a 20 minute drive from Hollywood!
**forest adventure pass is NOT NEEDED!**

18+, mature audience suggested
admission is $10 per person
starts around 4pm and goes all through Sunday morning
LIMITED SPACE, PLEASE CARPOOL!!

Like I said we have limited space so please email OpenMindedEvents at aol.com
if you would like to be placed on a the list for directions.

more info to come soon..

support LA's underground house movement!

in the spirit of mother nature... please recycle this message.**

peace and jolly green giant beats,

benjamin at bodyrockdjs.com
http://profile.myspace.com/users/787867
http://www.myspace.com/thebodyrockdjs
www.bodyrockdjs.com
friendsterisforweenies

* not really one million but.. totally... like, alot.

** (i totally tricked em cause i got em to repost this to like... the world
and they totally... f-in fell for it... hehehehe mother nature my as....
hello?... helllo?.... yeah i just hung up on em... who?  yeah yeah the
elist... total suckers.... snort...hippies har ahr... hello?...)

p.s. chris(dj soul) is at burning man. and he's probably doing things most
mothers wouldn't approve of.
p.s.again.  we have pics coming soon. to a web site near you.  not yet but
soon.