[Dynagroove] I Can Do What You Do.

Aaron Aaron at groovetickets.com
Mon Sep 27 20:24:06 PDT 2004

So, I'm stuck in Miami.  No really, I am.  Not in an anxiously waiting for
next year's Conference kind of way; in a airplanes can't fly out until
tomorrow AM kind of way.  It has kind of sucked being stuck in Miami, but at
the same time has been kind of wonderful.

I came here on Wednesday night to work two big shows that we sold a grip of
tickets for.  TIESTO ON THE BAY....and then TIESTO AT CLUB SPACE.  TIESTO,
TIESTO, TIESTO!  A total of 6 hours of this man.  Can't they get enough!?  My
day of TIESTO started on Friday at about 2pm.  I got over to Bayfront and got
things ready for the massive dual will call that was going to go down.  Things
went pretty smoothly.  There was an all  ages show at Bayfront from 6-12.
Then, from 12-6 the party went to Club Space.  By the time I got to Space to
start Will Call Part 2, I was breaking a sweat and getting a little tired.  I
packed up about 6 am and was starting to turn into a zombie from working so
long.  Not the kind of zombie that was coming out of Space, though.  No drugs
were involved in my case.

So I go to bed about 6:30 AM.  Then I get a call in my hotel room from the
front desk at 10am.  "YOU MUST EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY."  What the fuck?  I knew
a hurricane was coming, but the word I got was that it probably wasnt going to
be a big deal and affect Miami that much.  Well, to be safe, they evacuated
South Beach and sent us to some ghetto hotel more inland.  I have never
experienced a hurricane emergency type situation so I was a little scared.
Everyone at the ghetto hotel that had been moved was talking about going to
supermarket to stock up on supplies and food in case things went haywire.  At
this point, I started freaking out a bit and gave in.  I bought some peanut
butter and some other non perishable food items.

So, it turns out the hurricane went north.  Miami was not really touched, but
planes are grounded until Tuesday.  I was supposed to leave Sunday night, but
the powers that be wanted me to have a longer vacation.  It has been nice, but
I have to say that I am so sick of gay/progressive house that I could dance
with my shirt off.  I've gone out to a couple clubs, but have mostly stuck to
the gay joints.  I went into a record store to ask someone where to find some
deep/funky house.  He told me that I was shit out of luck cause Miami is a
"progressive/tribal" city.  I asked about the underground and he said that
things are pretty stagnant right now.  Last night, I checked out Mansion.
Damn!  That place is hot!  It really puts any of the superclubs in LA to
shame.  If you like that sort of thing......

Through my adventure, I have only had about 4 cds to keep me spinning. One of
them is Cade's new one.  Damn, this is what has made me miss my Lost Angeles
the most.  How PHAT is that new JT Donaldson track!  "Take my body!" is all I
have to say.  Cade is one of  if not my favorite LA djman.  He just selects
the type of shit that gets me speaking in disco tongues.  I love it!  Steak
dinner all over my face, please!  I really wanted to go to Socal 10.  A friend
that went said it was good times except that the DOME was shut down.  My ass
would have been up in the deep forest vibe also if I had not gone on this
trip.  AH well, there is always another party...and more good times to be
had.

This leads me to some other business.  My good times being Groovy are going to
end next week.  I got a new job at EMI music publishing that I am starting on
October 4th.  I am still going to be semi-Groovy, just not GROOVY every day.
For anyone who is a client, you can still contact me at this email address
regarding anything you need.  I will direct you to the right person.  If
anyone is interested in using GrooveTickets, please contact my main gal LUCCA
COLLINS-CONA.  Her email is lucca at groovetickets.com
<mailto:lucca at groovetickets.com> .  She will hook you up with whatever you
need and answer any questions about GrooveTickets that you have.  And if
anyone has any EMI songs that they want to try to get up in some movie
soundtracks, hit me up.  This is the area that I will be working in starting
October.

Now it's time for one more jaunt on South Beach. Feel me. Release Me.
Cheers.

your friend,

A-ron