[Dynagroove] Rave Act Injustices Ended

t-bird djtbird1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 19:59:08 PST 2005

--- "Ami D." <ami at ourhousemelodies.com> wrote:

> It is all about the music, but where there is music,
> there will be drugs.
> Funny thing is... underground parties don't fund the
> government like a
> large concert production might. Do you wonder why
> "all of a sudden" clubs
> and locations around the states had to start buying
> dance permits because
> alcohol permits just weren't enough? I guess if they
> can get a cut of the
> business (after they realize the high demand of the
> consumers... or
> dancers in this case), then they shouldn't have a
> problem with kids
> dancing and doing drugs, right?

the problem with this argument is that the feds don't
get anything from the dance or liquor permits (unless
you're in d.c.)  the LOCAL and STATE govts. get the
money from that, but the drug laws that are being
enacted and enforced are from the federal level.  the
local authorities may get something out of the bust,
but in movies and tv shows (a true representation of
real life, right?) you often hear about bickering
between local and federal enforcement, and even
different levels of federal agencies (i think that
also contributes to slip-ups w/terrorism, which why we
have homeland security now.)

> I dunno, call me crazy (wouldn't be the first time
> I've heard it and most
> likely not the last), but I think that everything
> can come at a price if
> you're all about the government, uh, I mean money.
> ________________________
> Ami D.

i DO agree with the old pulp-fiction "follow the
money" in most situations though...

=====
stereotype
every friday @ sugar http://www.clubsugar.com 10pm-2am 814
broadway santa
monica 21+w/id NO COVER
http://www.geocities.com/somethingelse2k4/events.html

something else!  http://www.geocities.com/somethingelse2k4
every monday:

radio:  7.30-10pm pst (gmt -8hrs) http://www.streetsradio.com

live:  10pm-2am @ the brig 1515 abbot kinney bl.
venice beach

archived dj set (November 25, 2003) on
http://www.brokenbeatradio.com/shows/bbradio-112503.html

mix cds availible at:

soul sonic (fka green sector) santa monica (downtempo)

http://www.larhythmnetwork.com/recordstores/recordstores/greensector.php