[Dynagroove] 7/16 - THE ALL-ELECTRO COCKTAIL PARTY

aaron at tohzt.com aaron at tohzt.com
Wed Jul 13 18:19:24 PDT 2005

Not to beat a dead horse but....

Part of what I like about Gomes and Dave Rape's style is that they are not
afraid of vocals.  Dave Rape is more addicted to them than not afraid of
them with a 3 minutes-3minutes-2minutes-3minutes programming style.  This
is part of his appeal to the club/fag/short attention span audience.  We
wanna hear Kylie, Le Tigre, a DFA remix, and TIGA in the same hour damnit!

I like vocals in dance music because i like to sing along, honestly.
Don't get me wrong I lvoe grooving along to a non vocal track, but I have
got to have variety to keep me interested and following along with the
set.  And not just a vocal sample, a full vocal with at least one verse
and chorus.....

Some local house DJs that are totally on it in terms of giving something
for everyone (including the electros) are......of course......CADE  (cade
is like my pony express dj hero.  he always has HOT fresh music and
tortillas)......BENJO.....JAMES S.....and JOEY FATONE...uh i mean
NONFICTION.

And well, Ill say it again loud and proud...my favorite dj is DIZ.
Because he goes across the house spectrum with style,skills, and new
shoes.  He will get you raving to some electro-tech house and then twirl
you around on the edge of a baseball bat till you find yourself bending
your knees to some deep house.  He'll keep it real with a disco track and
keep you popping with some swing.

BRING BACK SWING HOUSE!

Ok.
Ok.
Ok.

GO TO DYNAGROOVE.

<3

Back in ’91 I remember telling all my junior high hip hop friends about
> how techno was taking over the underground and graf and breakers needed to
> represent at parties.  They said that that music was for fags and the
> music was gay

In ’95 I remember telling all my moontribe friends that trance had its
> limits and was lacking funk.  They said that the desert was the only place
> to party and that the music would last forever

In ’98 I remember telling all my raver friends that raves were dead and
> House was going to have to go back underground.  They all said that they
> preferred the big parties and House was too gay and like Doc Martin it was
> out of style

In ’02 I remember telling my House friends that today’s House was to