[Dynagroove] Re: 7/16 THE ALL-ELECTRO COCKTAIL PARTY

BadIYE at aol.com BadIYE at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 16:18:43 PDT 2005

Egyptian Lover!!  Nice!!!

Imad

In a message dated 7/15/2005 2:38:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rylan at clearsoundsystems.com writes:

I'd have  to agree; you do have to watch out for getting too far into the
commercial  spectrum, as well as getting too (for lack of a better term)
'rave-ey'  sounding with electro. In an age where mc donnalds uses drum and
bass to  market happy meals to their 'children 5 and up' demographic, it is
becoming  increasingly common to hear cheesy popularized takes on what were
once  considered 'underground' music styles.. Maybe not so underground now?
I  wonder how long it will take before producers are casting for "so you
think  you can dj?"

All that aside, I think the come back electro, acid and  techno seem to be
making within house music is a good thing. Much of my  taste for electronic
music was acquired from listening to stuff like Tyree  Cooper, Maurice,
Pierre, Frankie Knuckles, Egyptian Lover, Kraftwerk, The  Orb etc.. I think
one of my favorite things about house music is the way  you can combine
sounds, deep bleeps anyone?

Rylan  White
http://clearsoundsystems.com
http://soulscreen.net