[Dynagroove] [Fwd: Quiz???] WE LOVE WIKIPEDIA!

aaron at tohzt.com aaron at tohzt.com
Wed Jun 28 13:13:57 PDT 2006

House music is a style of electronic dance music, the earliest forms of
which originated in the United States in the early- to mid-1980s. The name
is said to derive from the Warehouse nightclub in Chicago, where the
resident DJ, Frankie Knuckles, mixed classic disco and European synthpop
recordings. Club regulars referred to his selection of music as house
music. However, since Frankie was not creating new music at that time, it
has been argued that Chip E. in his early recording "It's House" defined
this new form of electronic music and gave it the name house music.
However, Chip E himself claims the name came from methods of labelling
records at the Importes Etc record store he worked at in the early
eighties. People would come in looking for music Knuckles played at the
Warehouse, so eventually a sign was put up that said "As Heard At The
Warehouse". Eventually it was shortened to simply "The House", and the
name became the vernacular.

House Music also refers to the recorded music played while a theater
audience takes their seats before a performance, or, in live music venues,
the recorded music played before the live music begins. Well-known live
acts can demand their choice of house music, or that there be none at all.
Such demands are made in the technical rider to their contract (the same
document that specifies what items must be present in the dressing room).

<3

_A

--
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  "It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for