[Dynagroove] You ever stand in the rain with your MAUF open?

joesh joeshuaus at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 12:56:15 PST 2006

Last saturday was one of the best times i've had
constructing an event. As alot of you know, i'm sure,
our LOST party was "submerged" under 2 inches of
water. This disappointment would leave some people
with a bad taste in their mauf. Not Us. Planning went
into affect that evening for this great party called
PISO MOJADO. With only four weeks to plan, book, and
promote we were sketched. As the weekend got closer
with more rain + How Sweet It Is just down the steet,
nerves were racked to the fullest. The venue was from
a friend of mine and that area hadn't been used in
some time, so we wanted to make it as asthetically
appealing as possible. Our visualist, Puzzlepiece, did
such an amazing job incorporating the theme into his
display. The bar was fresh with original beverages and
happy pretty girls grooving behind it. Exactly what i
remember from days gone by.
Olivier Desmet, Jake Childs. . . amazing DJ's. It
makes me happy when two dope producers are just as
good at playing music as they are at making it. My man
Bobby Burns killed shop while letting me interject a
few times. He's a guy that can definately hold it
down. Forcefield sound made everything sound the way
it should. LOUD! CLEAR! The whole night people did not
stop coming in, up until 4:30 when Blakkat from
Shaboom recordings from London, it just wouldn't stop.
Jordan had the closer position and held the audience
captivated till we had to turn the lights on. His new
track. . . watch out for this kid. Literally.
So many regulars from over the years came out to
support what Music And Underground Friends are all
about. The music, the dancing, the smiles, the vibe...
I could not have asked anything more from LA...Thank
You.
In no particular order, my love flows to those who
where braving the elements: Bobby, Chuck, Erica,
Lacey, Holly, Cade, BOZ, Wobs, Johnnesper,
Puzzlepiece, Joplin, Tizzle, Rob-vious, Craig Law,
Mikey, Lyndsey, Damion, Kay2, Nancy, Sean, TheBodyRock
DJ's, Uniting Souls, Joey Rod., Joey Joe, Adam, The
Artists "Raz & Rod", Tina Weena & Nick, Kelly, Jordan
and the crew, James, Sean, Bobby Valentine, Todd
Shute, Gary "laker", Robert Medford,
FelinPhonix-Mieka, Benjammin, Erikah, Tamara, Wendy,
Tish Delish, plus another 150 people that i can't put
names to faces. Sorry if i left someone out. I'm doing
this at work inbetween shoots, so forgive me. It was
about the crowd. It was great music.

Look out in a few months. . .

Disko Knows
June