[Dynagroove] GREAT LA TALENT!- post up your favorites.

Violet Viall theoneandonlymissv at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 30 21:30:31 PST 2007

Oh wow, I remember those parties...they were actually called "FUCK - no screw on Monday"  (not school)...  Those were the days...after that, they started doing Love Festival instead.  Yes, I believe that was '93 or '94...  Awesome party...awesome djs...argh, I want to go back!!

Another memorable dj set that I saw/heard was Darren Emerson at Nocturnal either 2000 or 2001 at the Empire Polo Fields.  The sun had just risen and the next dj was a no show.  Darren had been playing for quite some time and started running out of records.  A few people just handed him random records and he mixed them in flawlessly.  One that stood out in my mind was the original Blue Monday by New Order...he threw it on, mixed it in, and then let the whole record play...the crowd went nuts...it was such a perfect moment.

charles cetto <satellitecybin at yahoo.com> wrote: i'll take it back to the first time my sock were really rocked... it was one of the last " fuck" no school on monday... by go venture... before it became 18 and over and we weren't old enough to go anymore.... i want to say it was in 93... Robin S performed live.. and it was Doc.. Steve....Chris Flores and David Alvarado....

  After that it was the  days of Parliament ... with residents Chris Browne... Doran.. Paul Davidson.. Terrence Toy and others....

  But recently i would have to say Buck...@ some party with Hipp-e and Tony... and i also have to agree with John Tejada @ free thinking on the patio...

Cade Nelson  wrote:
  Oh this is a fun one... I have a few -

Juan Nunez - Circa 97 - Played a party called Rhythm's was just
dropping lots of percussion with jabby fun vocals.. was jazzy and
funky

Natural Rythmn Live at the first dynagroove 1999 - I still have this
set on Tape.. unbelievable.. one of the best MJ "Rock with you"
remixes ever.

Johnathan Lastra - 1999 when he played at syncopation in santa
monica.. Mark Farina did not make his flight so he came in late
johnathan lastra held it down as well as mark would have.. People were
like "who is this guy?" MF finally showed up to play the last 40
minutes of the party.

Jamie Thinnes live at dynagroove 9-29-2001 - two weeks after 9-11 and
the mood was very high. I think people wanted to just dance and
remove themselves from the pain that was all around us:
http://www.dynagroove.com/mp3/dyna-jamie.mp3 is the set.. I great set

John Tejada - Circa 2004.. we asked him to play a "techno" set on the
patio of free thinking... well he did not play techno but he played
an insane house set lol

1996 we used top do an online radio show call terraforms at
www.controlteam.com... this guy Kuya showed up and tore it up. he
just showed up and asked if he could play records... we were like
OK.. and he just threw down..

God there are so many... I should probably name a recent one

dennis the menace and caden as the West Coast loogey boys when the
ECBM's flight was too late showing up at Kinesic. they threw it down
and had the crowd hyped!!!

Cade