[Dynagroove] Tables for sale (Long response)

badiye at aol.com badiye at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 19:57:25 PDT 2007

Still friends :-) ?

Of course!!? =)

-----Original Message-----
From: josh at mindboxmedia.com
To: BadIYE at aol.com
Sent: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 2:35 pm
Subject: Re: [Dynagroove] Tables for sale (Long response)

Yo

Just to make a quick explanation. Distortion meaning saturation and a
"Smeary sound" IE Less Defined. One thing you CAN do with CDs is turn down
the highs...but you can't put more highs into a record (they aren't
there). Also ear fatigue is either the Sound Guy or the DJ's fault. MP3s
are generally harsher compared to wavs as they mess with the very high
frequencies and compress them more because they are less audible.

As far as everybody playing the same stuff...well that's just because they
aren't really working too hard :-). I think with vinyl i was hearing the
same stuff over and over more because there was less selection out there.
We rarely even book that jackin chicago sound any more @ focus just
because it's been beaten to death in southern california lately.

I hate to say it, but vinyl is pretty much gone within a year. I show up
to a lot of clubs and they don't have turntables any more. There will be a
few artists where we would probably rent some for them, but other than
that i can't see us bringing them in every week after another year.

You really need to experience an all CDJ set on a good system like
Vanguard or even Focus. One thing i'm super proud of is the fact our sound
system doesn't hurt your ears.

BTW It would be easy to get this sound by just putting each CD Through
some kind of tube preamps & roll off the higs. I would suspect you would
get a very similar sound.

I definitely can't argue with the feel/history of vinyl. I would much
rather play a rolling stones LP than listen to one on CD. The pops, hiss,
clicks and stuff would add to the music instead of detract, but in the
club these things i think take away from the experience.

Still friends :-) ?

-Josh Billings