[Dynagroove] Top 16 House Records EVER!!!!

Amy Ricketts amyr at dynagroove.com
Sat Apr 5 17:05:15 PDT 2008

So I am always intrigued by the variety of house records that people list
as their faves, and so I decided to check out Doron's top 16.  What a
great idea to include samples! Most of the tracks i recognized by name,
but a few I had to listen to to recall ("Oh, that one!") and some I did
not recognize at all even after hearing them.

I often find that I have a very different taste in house music than a lot
of people, especially living in LA but having discovered house music in
Detroit in the 90's... but I have to say that I really dug ALL the tracks
on Doron's list.

My comments on few (okay, most) of his selections:

"Red Alert": I have always LOVED "Red Alert", but I have to say that i
like the original best.
"Ever After": I can't believe that someone other than me has "Ever After"
on their top list.. the clip included begins in EXACTLY the perfect spot.
I effing LOVE that track.  Definitely a "dancing with my eyes closed and
crashing into lots of people" track.
"Balmes" I love just about anything created by Ian Pooley. Very smooth...
"Universal Love": Another lovely one that always makes me move.
"Mundo Azul"  Not familiar with this one but LOVE IT!
"Runaway"  I LOVE THIS EFFING TRACK!!  I love that Doron included such a
LONG sample of this one (4 minutes) including the best part of the track:
THE XYLOPHONE SOLO!!!  Amazing!  This was my favorite track on one of my
favorite old Terry Mullan mix tapes from the 90's ("We love to fly and it
shows")
"Nassau"  Another new one to me... LOVE IT. Very funky.
"The Ghetto"  This track belongs on EVERYONE's top 20... CLASSIC Bob
Sinclair production. I remember when it first came out, we would hear it
at a party 3 times in one night and I would dance just as hard the 3rd
time as I did the 1st.)   Those KEYS!!!
"Pasilda"  YES! SUPER FUN dance track!!!  Latin house make me MOVE MY HIPS!!!
"Found Love" Those Blaze guys really get it.  I've always loved this
one... both funky AND emotional
"The Way" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DEFINITELY
another eyes-closed one...
"Que pasa" another new one to me. I really dig it.
"Life is Changing" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If this one
isn't on your list, you and I can't  be friends.

Doron, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this list with us.  It REALLY made my
day.  Now I have a favor to ask... since I am only a house dancer and not
a DJ, I only own these tracks as parts of various mix cd's... any chance
YOU might mix all 16 of these together for me??? I promise you it would
get LOTS of play and bring me MUCH joy. I'd seriously owe ya one...

I would love to hear other people's favorite tracks... including clips is
key!!

Bring em on!!!

See you all at Dynagroove tonight.  (Doron, if you go, say hello, I'd like
to buy you a drink for making me smile so big today.)

Amy Ricketts