[Dynagroove] GROW...the review

jose at aagfx.com jose at aagfx.com
Mon Mar 17 14:49:08 PDT 2008

hey everybody-

thanks for coming out on Saturday night...I wanted to shoot out a
review of how the party went down:

So we spent the entire day setting up the venue, doing sound checks,
everything promoters should do beforehand...We worked for about 6
hours and we were confident that everything was in line....

The party started off a little slow, and right around 11:30 people
started pouring in...

Carlos started the night off proper..I checked the mixer while he was
playing and he was at 123bpm--right where an opening dj should
be...he played a smooth vibey set, very appropriate for the time he
played...

Zack Hill was on next and played great.  Zack's been playing for
years and it shows in his music selection, programming and mixing--it
would have been nice to hear him play a little bit later, but he was
a team player and played the 11-12 spot without so much as a
grumble....he played the perfect set and I enjoyed the tracks he was
dropping.

Lou played 12-1...the room had filled up nicely and the vibe started
kicking in.  Lou took the baton from Zack and went with it...We had
some electrical issues, during Lou's set..but quickly got them
resolved---Lou being the vet that he is kept his cool and once the
sound was up picked it up as if nothing happened...

JT hopped on the decks at 1am...and was beautiful!! I'm really proud
of my boy--we've had a chance to see him grow over the years, and in
the past 2 years especially, I feel he has really progressed into the
solid dj that he now is.  So JT worked it out HARD...there was a
serious vibe in the room--people hootin and hollering--I looked
around and I saw the whole room in sync...it was great!

A little too great unfortunately....some of the peeps working the
front came and grabbed me and told me the cops were outside...

I went outside and spoke with the cops, who were actually being
cool.  I told them we were doing a private going away party for our
friend Corporal JT (*wink) who was leaving for Iraq.  They weren't
having it.  They said they understood, but it was too late and they
had received numerous sound complaints---2:15 am and we had to shut
it down...

I went up to JT and told him we had to cut it...he played for an hour
and fifteen minutes(out if the 2 hours he was supposed to)..it
sucked, but it could have been worse...only Wobs and myself didn't
play out of the main room lineup....

The Galactic Disco lounge was fresh too...we decked it out with crazy
decor, Kenji and company had a really cool vibe going on in there
(Disco, cool 80's b sides, etc)...I'm not sure if Dewey or Junior got
to play----I was really looking forward to hearing Junior's set...so
I'm kind of bummed out about that one...

All in all a good party considering the circumstances, really good
vibe, great music, good sound...it was disappointing that we had to
shut it down early, but people were actually very understanding...
We'll keep you posted on all future events--thanks to all of you who
supported--till next time...

-NF