[Dynagroove] Sneak Beats!!!!!!!!!

Remy Elizabeth Renault remy2103 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:06:00 PST 2008

I agree that Sneak played a really fun set.  And DC freakin rocked--Amazing
how he can play on 3 turntables.  I danced my ass off!

But just curious, who was the special guest???  I got there at 12:00 and saw
just Sneak and DC.  The security was intense--although one guy was kinda cute,
with the weird hair.  I thought he looked like a "My Little Pony". ehehe

-Remy> To: dynagroove at dynagroove.com> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:49:06 -0500>
From: splaticus at aol.com> Subject: Re: [Dynagroove] Sneak Beats!!!!!!!!!> > I'd
have to agree,> Great party- but the security was a real drag. > They were
chasing the 2 am house heads onto the dancfloor to grab their drinks out of
their hands in front of everyone, the nerve!> And yeah it was a bit bright in
there. > I was expecting Sneak to close, isnt that how that usually works at
these Bday type events?> > > > > Jason Splat > > > > > > -----Original
Message-----> From: t.luv . <indigoiris73 at hotmail.com>> To:
amyr at dynagroove.com; dynagroove at dynagroove.com> Sent: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:56
am> Subject: Re: [Dynagroove] Sneak Beats!!!!!!!!!> > > > > > > > > > > yes ..
it was great to see so many from our community come out and all the new> faces
that kept to the beat.> but> were we at the same party? ?> i appreciate your
review amy, it goes to show that two people can have a> totally different
experience :)> > i just gotta say> that was one of the worst venues i've been
to in a long time.> > i got their about 1030, waited about 45 minutes in line
to enter a somewhat> empty hall..> the sound was terrible, every time you
moved it became a different kind of> wrong.. i could not hear myself think let
alone enjoy the great music.> i danced a bit but it took effort being that
their was 100 security guards> circling the dance floor, on the dance floor,
in the restrooms (at your stall> door), everywhere you looked there was a tall
serious looking security person> watching us. the drinks were 11-14 dollars.
the entrace was decent per the> line up had i'd been able to relax and
actually enjoy myself instead of> feeling like i was at a school dance in a
bright gymnasium... kept half> especting to hear sneakers squeaking against
the smooth floor. no pun> intended. vibeselect was dope, all the djs were
dope. around midnight,i> checked out the downstairs where there was a polluted
rock lined pool along> the middle of the dancefloor, there were about six of
us dancing, sneak was> down there, the sound in this tiny area was good and
the music a bit eclectic> and energetic. not sure who the dj was tho..
anyone?? but ya back on the> mainlevel, i think i did find that "audio sweet
spot" up front but it was> about four square feet vs a huge dance floor of
struggling house heads. i've> been to the stock exchange a few times before ,
many years ago .. i recall the> wierdness but never the strong security force.
this had a potential to be a> great party , i mean i had fun being silly and
making light of the situation.> but seriously... if this is what bust free
means then i'd rather take my risks> in the underground. vanguard is bust
free, soul folks is bust free, there are> bust free (aka permitted) venues
that i would've and could've had a decent> time at this party. sorry to for
the negative venue review .. of course the> djs still did their thang :)> > i
just will never go back here.> > t.xchange> > >
http://movin-ent.com/forum/index.php <-- movin' m.board! come play*>
http://www.myspace.com/t_honey> > > > > Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 14:25:48 -0800>
> From: amyr at dynagroove.com> > To: dynagroove at dynagroove.com> > Subject:
[Dynagroove] Sneak Beats!!!!!!!!!> >> > THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Brett
Ballou for throwing a GREAT fucking> > party this weekend!!!!> >> > I danced
harder than I have in a LOOOOOOOONG time. (Okay, I danced pretty> > effing
hard on Halloween, too, but in a very different way).> >> > I don't usually go
to house events in "fancy" venues (it's just TOO HARD> > to dance to house the
way I do in heels) so to be honest, I was a little> > apprehensive about this
place. But once I got in and saw how many house> > HEADS had crawled out of
the WOODWORK for this one, I actually appreciated> > having a bust-free,
clean, and beautiful venue in which to dance, worry> > free. That dancefloor
was AWESOME. Smooth, not too slippery. My running> > shoes didn't squeak too
much. Perfect for spins. :)> >> > And the sound was pretty effing good too.
The audio sweet spot in the> > front was a fantastic place to dance until it
got too crowded.> >> > I was bummed that I missed Wally and Easily Influenced,
but I guess I> > should have realized that I needed to get there earlier than
11 if I> > wanted to hear them. (I gotta nap on Fridays, yo!) I am sure both
were> > great (despite Wally's insistence that he "sucked". ;)> >> >
Vibezelect was on when i came in and I immediately started dancing. Now> >
THAT'S a good sign! Those guys have some serious CHARISMA!!!!! I was> >
thoroughly entertained and danced pretty consistently throughout their> >
entire set. (Cade, ya know how you like to book live acts for Dynagroove?> >
Well look no further!!!)> >> > Sneak came on and as I had hoped, continued
this summer's "retro" house> > kick at the beginning of his set. I heard some
tracks from the mid 90's> > that I had totally forgotten about. TOO FUN. He
picked up the pace> > toward the end in preparation for DC.> >> > Living in
the midwest in the 90's, I heard DC more times than i can count,> > and he was
one of my FAVORITE DJs. But to be honest, I've been pretty> > bored by his
sets in the last few years. I actually stopped going to see> > him altogether
at one point because it was killing me to be standing> > around to a DC set.
He just played TOO HARD for me to get into. And when> > he came on Friday
night, bangin away from the get go, I thought to myself,> > "here we go..."
(and NOT in a good way.) BUT! There was something> > different about the way
he played Friday night. No one could deny he was> > seriously BANGING (HARD
and FAST) but it still reached into my pants and> > made me dance. HARD. and
FAST. And LOW to the ground in some instances.> > And he too went "retro". I
can't remember the last time I heard him (or> > anyone else for that matter)
play so much great ACID. Straight up 1995> > Chi-town shit!!! If I closed my
eyes i could have sworn terry mullan was> > on the decks! FANTASTIC. It had
been so long since I danced to that> > stuff that I forgot how HARD it makes
me dance.> >> > I was SO happy to see SO many old dance floor friends that
night. Where> > the hell have you all been the last few years? THANK YOU to
the couple of> > you who remembered how to ELEVATE me and make me dance dance
dance as hard> > as I possibly can. It was pretty fucking awesome. There is a
certain way> > that i dance to the harder stuff that I had forgotten all
about. I LOVE> > that shit!> >> > And Sir Ben, Mr. Bodyrock! I don't think I
have EVER seen you dance THAT> > hard. It was fan-fucking-tastic to share
dancefloor space with you for a> > few, my man!> >> > I even got to DANCE with
CADE for a minute or two. That was really nice.> :)> >> > I don't know if any
of them are on this list but I gotta give MAD PROPS to> > Rudy, Melissa, Vince
and my whole Do-Over family for showing up and> > ROCKING IT OUT. That last
hour with you guys was AMAZING. I had almost> > forgotten what amazing dancers
you all are, since we never had any room to> > dance to the whopping 4 house
records we got each Sunday at the Do.> > Hahahahaha.....> >> > Thanks again to
everyone who made this night so special for me.> >> > I needed it.> >> > Amy
Archives:> > > http://mailman.newdream.net/pipermail/dynagroove/> >
coding for safety: Windows Live Hotmail alerts you to suspicious email.>
http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_safety_1>
http://mailman.newdream.net/pipermail/dynagroove/>