[Dynagroove] TONIGHT - Focus' 6th Annual Dance Competition

Josh Billings josh at mindboxmedia.com
Tue Jul 20 17:05:54 PDT 2010

Tonight is gonna be awesome. If you've never been to one of these you
should really check it out. The talent these kids have is amazing.

Tuesday July 20th
6th Annual Focus Dance Competition
(Focus hosts the ONLY House Music Dance Competition)
$300 in Cash to the Winners / Finalists and A ton of cool stuff from our
awesome sponsors

$8 Before 10:30 w/ RSVP ($15 After) Tickets available on
Focus-OC.com/tickets
RSVP By sending your full name to RSVP at Focus-OC.com

If you are interested in competing email info at focus-oc.com and your pick
of categories (Popping, Freestyle or Breaking).

Judged by:
Dino Mayorga The Original Free Styler, O.C.
Justin "Jet Li" Valles Poreotics, Funny Bones, CultureShock
Peppa Syrenz Crew
Vex Battle Monkeys, Full Force, Super Cr3w
+ YOU The Audience Crown response is 50% of the judging so make some
noise for your favorites

Hosted by: Mikey Jazzwell
With DJs Wobs, Nonfiction & Josh Billings

For an updated list of dancers check out www.focus-oc.com

Sponsored by: Ultimate Ears, Toni & Guy, Acrylick, Salted Music, JoJo
Electro, Clubdistrict.com, NXTZ Dada Footwear

The reason we started doing the Focus Dance Competition 5 years ago was
because we have such amazing dancers come through and we really wanted
to give them a chance to showcase what they are made of. If you haven't
experienced one of the focus Dance Competitions you really don't know
what you are missing. Check out the pictures from last year's
competition -
http://brtis.smugmug.com/gallery/9124223_KvYVf#608136531_avQuE &
Pictures from 2008 http://missyb.smugmug.com/gallery/5242441_fHYFA +
this video compilation of past Dance Competitions -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIBIfM72Zo

The way this competition works is we will have all the dancers do a
quick exhibition round and our judges will narrow it down to 8 in each
category. After the final 8 have been chosen we will randomly pair you
against another dancer and it will be a battle bracket from then on out.
8 to 4 then 4 to your final 2 in each category and then of course your
winners in each category. The Focus DJs will be taking care of the
musical selections from start to finish. We worked with all of our
sponsors this year and we are making sure all of the dancers get hooked
up this year + don't forget about the $300 in cash to the winners! This
year is shaping up to be the best Dance Competition yet, we're excited
for you all to be a part of it.

This event reaches capacity every year, presale tickets and/or early
arrival a must! Dancers must sign in at the event by 10 pm or your slot
will be given up.

This event is going to be incredible. You Truly do NOT want to miss
this. Here are a few videos from past dance competitions to check out to
get you excited! There are a ton more on youtube, just search "Focus
Dance Competition"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeL3X5asSYM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBgQjhjzMRw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jEzxXYMiaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdkZiBaIJpw

+ don't forget about those dope $1 tacos on the patio and the awesome
drink specials: $3 Beers, $3 Vodka Energy, $3.50 Midori Sour & $3.50 Cosmo.

Help spread the word on Facebook -
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135589819807373

New pictures up from last week with Josh Billings' Birthday Party, 7
year anniversary - Missy B - Colette & DJ Heather

We have all sizes in of the Focus "I Heart House Music" T-Shirts in
stock for Tuesday.

See You Tuesday!

Josh Billings

Focus Is Located at Tapas - 4253 Martingale Way, Newport Beach, CA 92660
18 & Over Welcome / 21 & Over For the Fully Stocked Bar
Drink Specials (B4 10:30) $3 Beers, $3 Vodka Energy, $3.50 Midori Sour &
$3.50 Cosmo
$1 Tacos On the Patio (All Night)
Doors Open at 9:30 Pm
More info - Focus-Oc.com | Downloadable Mixes Recorded Live At Focus -
LiveAtFocus.com

Tuesday July 27th Presale Tickets Available
Mark Farina
(Great Lakes, Om Records, San Francisco)
With Wobs & Derek Dunbar

Tuesday August 3rd
Sir Piers
(Curious Records, Om, UK)
With TBA

Tuesday August 10th
Pezzner LIVE
(Freerange Records, Om Records, Seattle)
With Wobs & Luke Alan

Tuesday August 17th
Doc Martin
(Sublevel LA)