[Groop]Groo Jamboree, etc.

Lawrence Steller sheikofentropy@yahoo.com
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 09:15:18 -0800 (PST)

--- Gary Grossmann <grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:
> Yeah, people pronouncing it "ur" instead or "air" is
> a little annoying.
> Surprisingly, when I looked it up in the dictionary,
> it had both
> pronunciations listed as correct!  But no one
> pronounces "error" with the
> "ur" sound, ur-or.  Everyone pronounces it "air-or".
>  So why wouldn't they
> automatically pronounce err as "air"?

I dunno, I always read "DID I ERR?" as "DID I AIR?"  I
think "ERR" prounounced to sound like "FUR" is more
like that noise you make when you're thinking hard,
such as "ERR...COULD YO RUN THAT BY ME AGAIN?"

In fact, it's a natural for GROO to pronounce it both
ways in one sentence, as in "ERR...DID I ERR?"

=====
Larry Steller AKA The Sheik Of Entropy