[Groop]'tis a sad day for me...

Jeff Kozicki (ADESA) JKozicki@ADESA.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:59:20 -0500

Shane Clarke wrote:
>I love comic books. My girlfriend, of 6 years mind you, is convinced that I

>love comic books more than her. (she may be correct in this assumption,
>though if she reads this she'll probably bruise my arm... she's a Purple
Belt.)
A purple belt?  Does that mean she might Beet you   (ouch that one hurt)

>Anyway, I also love my job... it is very geeky and very techy. My job has
>decided to send me to Pennsylvania the week of the San Diego Comic Con. I
>don't have to go, but it was one of those corporate things powerplays.
>"Shane, you don't have to go, but it would be in your best interest to
>go...", said the corporate monster.
Have you thought about saying you will go but then getting on a plane to San
Diego instead of Pennsylvania.  That would be a very Grooish thing to do.

>So, for the first time in many years, I can't make all four days of the
>Con. I arrive home late Friday night... so I'll try and drive to San Diego,

>from Los Angeles,  Saturday morning... tired and full of jet lag.
>What has the world come to?
What indeed, when a man puts work ahead of Groo?  Maybe you could just call
in dead that week and feel better by Monday.

Jeff "sympathy is my middle name" K
        "The man who doesn't read has no advantage over the man who can't."
        -- Unknown