[Groop]The Groop T-Shirt Strikes!!!

SheikOfEntropy@aol.com SheikOfEntropy@aol.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 01:13:22 EDT

Am I repeating myself? Let me know!

I posted this email to the Groop from my friend Sharon's computer on July 16, but since I never received a copy of it, I'm guessing it didn't get through.

Anyway, here I am in sunny Southern California, poised expectantly for the start of the GrooFestivities.

By the way, in the online program, our GrooFest is listed as THE SERGIO ARAGONES AND MARK EVANIER SHOW.

Now, a quick comment on Gary's note...

Gary wrote:

I've been wearing a Groo hat pretty regularly for a couple years or so and
I've had GROO license plates for about a year and a half and nothing really
bad has happened.  But on the first day that I wear the Groop T-Shirt with
"Did I Err?" on the front I, uh, well, I Erred!  I locked my keys in my car
50 miles away from home so I had to pay one of those locksmith guys to open
it.  Oh well....

So Larry Sez:

Gary!!!

How did you manage the Groo license plate without having your car destroyed all these years?

 As some of you are aware from previous posts and a GrooGram, I put a New York State license plate GROO on my car, and it quickly died!!! Then, I made the mistake of publicizing the fact that I was going to drive up to Middletown, New York with  fellow Groopers Saad Azim and TGD to take a picture of the GROO STREET sign for Dessesbo, and my car immediately croaked!

Groo obviously has the same effect on cars as on ships.

How did you do it, Gary? Do you have some sort of Rufferto talisman in the car or something?

As for your recent, inevitable catastrophe, perhaps the overwhelming presence of GROO license plates plus the armload of Groop T-Shirts was too much for even Rufferto's influence, so it locked you out before it too could be destroyed?

I also made the grievous mistake of calling Gary from Newark Airport before boarding my plane. The resultant disturbance in the space-time continuum caused by the vocal convergence of these two lunatics obviously caused my plane to sit on the tarmac for an hour and a half, the delay culminating in a mad dash through Chicago's O'Hare airport at 8:35 pm to desperately try and make an 8:30 connection. After much huffing and puffing, I JUST made it!

Ummm, are you guys still sure we should do this GrooFest thing...?

Larry Steller AKA The Sheik Of Entropy