[Groop]Fanboys

Charles L. Klein cklein@mn.rr.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 18:25:26 -0500

I've never been to a comic con before, but one year I took my best friend to
a Trek con for his birthday.  It wasn't really all that bad - I found a lot
of bootleg stuff for sale as well as hard to find stuff (including comics).
Nichelle Nicols (Uhura) and Michael Dorn (Worf) were there answering
questions and giving autographs.  My friend asked a REALLY geeky/silly
question of Nichelle - he asked something about the episode where she lost
her memory why she spoke in some different language (or something like
that).  All I remember is that she said she was supposed to be speaking her
character's native language, Swahili (sp?).  It was kinda interesting as she
talked about how there was a lot of background to her character that they
could've brought out, but never did.

Anyway, that was my experience.  My friend, on the other hand, would've
spent thousands of dollars on the Star WARS stuff they had there...

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: groop-admin@groo.com [mailto:groop-admin@groo.com]On Behalf Of
MisterElie@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2000 3:23 PM
To: groop@groo.com
Subject: Re: [Groop]Fanboys

Gee Nate, I'm glad you brought that topic up.  I've never been to a comic
con
before and Chicago will be my first.  At least now I know what to expect
(and
I always thought those stereotypes of Trekkies and Comic Book freaks were
just jokes).  I'll warn my wife to prepare for anything.

Grooishly yours,
Elie