[Groop]GrooFest & Groop T-shirts

Mark Evanier me@evanier.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 22:18:47 -0700

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 21:03:49 -0700, "Gary Grossmann"
<grossfam@olywa.net> wrote:

>Bottomline:  If you want to come to the San Diego Comic Con and meet Sergio,
>Mark, Stan, and Tom in a private room with other Groopies (I would guess
>between 10 and 20) then tell me AND register for the Con.

ME: Slight change of plans!

The Groo event at the San Diego Con will be a semi-private affair.  It
may be on the main convention schedule or it may not...but it will be
open to anyone who shows up.  It's in a small room, however...one that
only seats 105 people.  So I'd suggest the Groop members show up early
or arrange for someone to save a seat for them.  We'll be discussing
The Groop and I'll ask all of you to rise and identify yourselves...or
something of the sort.

Sergio and I will be there, and I'm asking Stan, Tom and our Dark
Horse editor, Scott Allie.

We're schedule for 90 minutes but I'm going to wrap the "formal" part
of the program up in about half that, so there's time for us all to
mingle and for you Groopers who bring things to be signed to get them
signed.

I am currently scheduled for NINE events at the convention, some of
which look like they'll be quite exciting.  Sergio will also be on a
MAD panel which I'm moderating late Saturday afternoon.  In any case,
I won't be around the con all that much.  I'll be doing a signing at
the Dark Horse booth at some point but I don't plan on doing any
autographing anywhere but there and at the Groo event.

I'll post a schedule here of the events I'm moderating a week or two
before the con.  I highly recommend the cartoon voice panel, which
will be on Saturday, probably at 1:00.

The Groo event is tentatively set for FRIDAY, JULY 21 at 12:30 PM in
room 18.  This could change.  (The room may change, the time may
change a little but the day probably will not.)

More to come!
Mark Evanier - PMB 303 - 363 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036