[Groop]Three Fun Groo Links

SheikOfEntropy@aol.com SheikOfEntropy@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 00:54:26 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/0 11:40:51 PM, luckycat1998@hotmail.com writes:

>But I was wondering.... which is  better...
>The SheikOfEntropy   or   The SultanOfEntropy  ????

The Sultan of Entropy is nothing but a POSER!!!

>What's the difference between a Sheik and a Sultan?

Relatively similar terms. A sheik is a tribal Arab ruler or religious leader,
while a sultan is specifically a Muslim ruler. I am not an expert on any of
this, I turned to my handy-dandy dictionary for the assist. (Webster also
listed a sultan as the ruler of Turkey).

My handle was inspired (subconsciously) by an old song called The Sheik Of
Araby. I was playing an over-the-top high-level wizard in an Advanced
Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game (around 1985 or so) who saved the life of
a powerful king. This king granted my character a region to rule, and a
title/cabinet position of my choosing. I just kind of blurted out off the top
of my head "Can I be The Sheik Of Entropy?"

So I chose my screen name after my favorite AD&D character, inspired by the
old song Sheik Of Entropy.

Larry Steller AKA The Sheik(!) of Entropy

P.S. That turkey Sultan will get HIS when I catch up with him,
BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAAAAAH...