[Groop] How long does it take, anyway....

Mark Evanier me@evanier.com
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:19:53 -0700

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 23:44:04 -0500 (CDT), Jennifer A Burdoo
<jburdoo@ksu.edu> wrote:

>....To do a trade paperback?  I missed discovering Groo until a year or
>two ago, and now everything I could have gotten is gone.  I have a few of
>the back issues, three of the Image ones, and three of the Epic
>TPBs.  But since all those issues are done with, what does it take to put
>them into paperback form?  Yeah, yeah, I know I don't know anything.  But
>still, it seems to me that all it should take is a cover (which would take
>Sergio three seconds to draw).  Color it, letter the title and add one of
>the famous Mark epilogues, stick four issues inside and voila! (literally,
>"cheese dip") you have a Groo trade paperback.  (Save that they'd fall
>apart, so you'd have to add glue and so on first).  Hell, you could flood
>the market with them.  How come Mark and Sergio don't do that?
>	And when is the next one coming out?

ME: It takes us very little time to do a trade paperback...the amount
of time it takes Sergio to do a cover and the new illos and me to
write the text stuff.  That's about two days' work.

The trouble is that Dark Horse believes that the market can only bear
so many at a time.  If we put too many out close to each other,
they'll eat into the sales of each other and be unprofitable.

The next one is THE GROO JAMBOREE and I think it comes out in June or
July.

>	And which ones are still in print?

ME: THE GROO HOUNDBOOK and THE GROO INFERNO.

>	And how come they don't make a Groo action figure, along the same
>lines as the Usagi figure from Antarctic Toys?  With a little toy Rufferto
>to go with him?

ME: No one wants to put one out ...so far.

>	And how come they don't write a Groo story EVERY month?

ME: Because we don't wanna.

>	And how come there isn't a "Groo" brand of cheese dip?

ME: Because we hate the taste of cheese dip.

>	Or a "Groo" brand of mulch?

ME: Because we hate the taste of mulch.

Mark Evanier - PMB 303 - 363 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036