[Groop] I remember...

Jennifer A Burdoo jburdoo@ksu.edu
Wed, 3 May 2000 16:44:21 -0500 (CDT)

In the first Arcadio story (Groo Carnival, Epic issue #10?) Arcadio, Groo,
and the Minstrel are walking along, and in the background there are a
peasant husband and wife tilling their field -- with their daughter, a
knockout in very light clothing, pulling the plow.  And of course there
are all the different acoutrements (sp?) that you see changing on
Minstrel's lute -- sometimes they're very appropriate.

Despite how much drawing he does, Sergio always seems to put a lot of
detail in his drawings -- even in his crowds, every single person is
individualized.  I remember a tiny cloth merchant
(fingernail-sized) carrying a roll of cloth on his shoulder, fleeing from
Groo complete with a recognizable pair of scizzors on his
belt.  Incredible.  I only wish I could draw like that.

Jennifer