[Groop] Larry goes nuts, film at 11:00

SheikOfEntropy@aol.com SheikOfEntropy@aol.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 00:04:35 EDT

Okay Gary (and others in the know), I'm a reader not a collector so I usually
don't pay much attention to values. I need to know how I rate on the
Dessesbo-meter.

I just went a bit crazy on ebay, and won the following auction with a bid of
$260 on the following trade paperbacks:

>Lot of GROO trade paperbacks includes: (published by Marvel/Epic Comics) THE
GROO CHRONICLES >books 2-6; THE GROO EXPOSE; THE GROO DYNASTY; THE GROO
CARNIVAL; THE GROO >ADVENTURER; THE GROO FESTIVAL; and THE GROO BAZAAR.

That comes to, ummm, errr, about $23.63 each. Now, I've NEVER been able to
find ANY of these puppies in the comic shops I frequent, so this is either a
good thing or I've been an over-bidding fool (possible both). I INTENDED to
bid only as high as about $100, but I got caught up in a bidding war in the
closing seconds of the auction and basically WENT NUTS.

DID I ERR?

P.S. The guy whom I outbid sent me a very nice congratulatory email. I
thanked him back and invited him to check out The Groop. Hmmm, is that the
same as kicking someone when their down??? ;>)

-Larry Steller AKA The Sheik Of Entropy