[Groop] Wow!

RABuswell@dstsystems.com RABuswell@dstsystems.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 10:03:31 -0500

I wasn't thinking of Jackie Chan playing Groo, but the style fits.

The Trinity movies I am referring to are "They Call Me Trinity", "Trinity
Is Still My Name", and "Boot Hill".  Bud Spencer (Bambino) and Terence Hill
(Trinity) play two no-account brothers wandering around the old west.
Bambino is always trying to scam people out of money, and Trinity always
manages to ruin it.  Consequently, Bambino is always setting Trinity up to
get killed.  Neither one of them is particularly bright.  Trinity is the
fastest and most accurate man alive with a gun, but extremely lazy and
slow-moving otherwise.  Bambino is extremely large and extremely strong.
He generally knocks people silly with a single swipe of his fist, using an
awkward-looking straight-arm technique.

They also have a penchant for beans, much like Groo and his cheese-dip.
They are both slovenly, smelly, and generally fun to watch.

Richard Buswell
http://www.kcstage.com
http://www.naughtynobles.com
http://www.geocities.com/rabuswell

"Hound-dog" <hound@twobros.com> on 05/25/2000 10:35:56 PM

You are totally right about jackie chan. I mean I just watch his movies
just
to see his "sloppy" and yet kick ass moves. Yet I dont think he is strong
enough for it or Fat enough. Yet he will be pretty cool to see how he will
fight with a sword. Which trinity are you talking about?

Hound

> For some reason, Jackie Chan strikes me as the style to go for.  If you
> watch his movies, he frequently hits people by "accident".  Now we put
> swords in his hands, and we've got a Groo-some kind of fight.
> All over the
> place, slipping, tripping, falling over obstacles, and still coming out
on
> top of the carnage.
>
> The big ending battle from "Blazing Saddles" has the proper tone.  Val
> Kilmer did a reasonable job of mixing cocky and foolish in "Willow".
>
> I know what I want, but I can't think of a single movie that encapsulates
> it all.  Let's face it, Groo is unique.  His fights would be too.
Perhaps