[Groop]Q for ME and a plug for myself

Mark Evanier me@evanier.com
Sun, 28 May 2000 13:37:58 -0700

On Sun, 28 May 2000 16:08:16 -0400, Nate Piekos <nate@piekosarts.com>
wrote:

>Mark, could you explain to me exactly what the goal is of the StanLee.net
>website?  I've been there and I'm wondering, what exactly is Stan's goal
>with Stan Lee Media?  Is he trying to spearhead a stronger movement towards
>online comics?  Is he starting over again - creating a new publishing
>company?  I'm curious. Where is Stan heading with this?

ME: I think there are two real goals.  One is to have a line of online
comics which folks will log-in to read, with the advertising paying
the costs as it does on free television.  The other is to generate
characters who can be merchandised as TV shows, movies, toys and
possibly -- though not necessarily -- comic books.

Mark Evanier - PMB 303 - 363 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036