[Groop]Short Takes

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 19:25:57 -0800

Hi Folks!

Well, between putting on tax seminars all over eastern Washington in places
like Yakima, Wenatchee, and Walla Walla, having computer problems, (what
does it mean when your connection keeps locking up?) and wondering which
relative will show up on my doorstep next, either pregnant, wanted in
several states, or both, I haven't had a chance to do much with the Groop.
But I have been heartened somewhat to see a little more activity of late.  I
am very much enjoying the questions, comments, and information!

By the way, putting on tax seminars IS as tedious as it sounds.  It is
disgusting that I can talk for as long as I can about Washington excise
taxes.  It is even more disgusting that people want to hear me do it. (maybe
they ask for me because I'm the only one who doesn't do them like a poor
imitation of Ben Stein.)

Speaking of taxes, I am really looking forward to the next Groo series
tentatively titled "Death & Taxes" I mean, I'm ALWAYS really looking forward
to the next Groo series, but a obviously i have more than a passing interest
in a take off on taxes.

Nate, your online comic is cool.  Keep pounding on that wall and it will
eventually come down, (Especially if you use your yankee head!)

Hey, if anyone ever hears about any of the Groo Crew being on Letterman,
Leno or anywhere on TV, you gotta let us know!

Mark must be the most famous un-famous person around.  He seems to know and
be known by everyone in comedy, comics, cartoons, movies and televeision.
Sheesh!

And I agree with Uni and others that Space Circus is very funny and just
great all the way around.  But what floors me the most is just how dense the
artwork is.  It's just amazing!

Jason, you can still get a Groop T-shirt from me, especially if you want an
XXL!

It will be interesting to see if Sergio puts a little Groo somewhere in the
10 pages of Jingle Belle!  I'll buy it even if there isn't one, of course.
Speaking of such things, there is a tiny Groo on page 47 of MAD #399, three
Groo characters on page 1 of Space Circus #3, and I found a very obscure
Groo in the foreward of Frank the Unicorn on the Farm, circa October,
1982!!! I also have a mystrious Turkish Groo on the way!!! I qqqquiver with
anticipation!

And Shane!  You must buy the CAPS catalogue somewherer along the line.  I
have only heard of the one, it came out in 1978, and the Sergio montage
includes one of the very, very few published pre-Destroyer Duck Groo
drawings!!!!!!!  It is predated only by the CSUN Scene Magazine cover.

Hope all is going well for everyone everywhere, take care -Gary G.