[Groop]Silly question for M.E.

Mark Evanier me@evanier.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:33:54 -0700

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:37:06 -0700, "Shane Clarke" <sac@foolarchy.com>
wrote:

>For being such a well established 'writer' did you pursue, by any chance, an
>english degree?

ME: Pursued it for a while but gave up before getting it.

After high school, I went to U.C.L.A. to try and achieve such a thing.
At the same time, I began writing professionally...and I reached the
stage where I was turning down paying work because of my studies.
After a while, I decided I was learning more from actually working as
a writer than sitting in those lecture halls and I chose to quit
full-time college and transfer to a part-time college -- Santa Monica
City College -- and take fewer classes.

Eventually, I stopped going to college, altogether.  And while I would
not recommend this for anyone else, I must say that not getting a
degree has never impeded my career in even the most microscopic way.
Mark Evanier's NEW Mailing Address is:
5850 W. 3rd St., #367, Los Angeles, CA 90036