[Groop]It sure is slow...

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:10:13 -0700

> OK, I'll talk about SPACE CIRCUS.  It's great fun!  I love seeing some of
> my favorite comic creators take a break and do something different.  (

Me Too!!!!  The art is so dense!  I just love it.  Sergio told me it took
him more than twice as long to do Space Circus than a typical Groo comic.
btw, he also told me he thinks it takes him about 8 hours to do a one page
splash page and 16 hours to do a two pager.  He doesn't do them all at once,
but works on them over a period of days.  And he was REALLY ticked off about
the way they printed the two page circus scene in Space Circus #2.  It goes
to the edges of the page on all four sides and they cut off anywhere from
1/8 to 3/4 of an inch of the art work!!

> My good news:  Mike Allred's THE ATOMICS #9 came out yesterday!  I'm in
the
> credits! My first "real"  contribution to the wide world of comics! I'll
be
> providing Mike with lots of custom fonts from here on out. )

Hey Nate!  Tell Mike he had at least one more sale because of your
contribution.  (Ah, I knew him when he was just a struggling young artist.
Hmm. OK, OK, so he's still a struggling young artist.  But now he's got his
name in print!)

> AND... I'm buying my first house!  I got approved this week!   Get this:
> It's just 2 houses over from the house I lived in with my parents when I
> was in college!!!  (they don't live there anymore)  And finding it was
> complete coincidence!

Houses are good.  Now you need to build a shed.

> AND... for those keeping score, the legal problems with my ex-partner on
my
> book, LINT McCREE MYSTERIES are over!!!  Guess who came out on top?  ; )

Chet?  (oops, sorry Eric.)

And by the way.  I have about 15 T-shirts Mostly XXL and mostly Did I Err?
on the front, but there is a little variety.  If anybody wants one, let me
know.

Take care all -Gary G.