[Groop]GROO!!

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 22:12:27 -0700

Choke!  Gasp!  Argghh!!  and just for good measure, Bleah!!

I just got back from a two-day conference of the Washington Municipal
Treasurers Association where I was a speaker, and no, it was not as boring,
tedious, and totally without redeeming elements as it sounds.  It was
WORSE!!!!  Treasurer finance accountant types are a different breed of cat.
Let's just say I seriously doubt any of the 200 or so people there have ever
heard of Sergio Aragones, let alone Mark of Stan.  That tells  you something
right there.  At least I could come home to the soothing psychological balm
of the latest issue of Actions Speak.  Ahhhhhh.

Anywho, I don't have to be quite as green with envy about you lucky folks
going to WonderCon and you lucky folk going to Motor City Con because I will
probably be able to go to San Diego after all!!!  Whohoo!  My wonderful
oldest son, the one getting married (and who goes to Groo Line Creator Josh
Jones' alma mater)  didn't see why his getting married two weeks after Comic
Con Int. should keep me from going, so unless some specific wedding related
thing comes up (or some other family thing of cousre)  I will be there, at
least for part of it.

Take care all (and stay away from Municipal Treasures, they are scary
people)  -Gary G.