[Groop]POVonline

Lawrence Steller sheikofentropy@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:00:32 -0700 (PDT)

I had coworker approach me today, and say "Hey Larry,
write down this web site! You're gonna love it!" This
is a guy who doesn't know from comic books, mind you.

So he says: "www.evanier.com. That's the name of that
writer you like, right? He's got his own web site, ya
know."

I told him that I know.

I also explained about the change to www.POVonline,
and how I have to update the link on my own web site
from www.evanier.com to www.POVonline. (I just learned
tonight that my site is currently out of comission,
supposedly for some sort of rules abuse infraction
that I have no idea about. I'm, looking into it...)

Mark, I think it is ESPECIALLY cool that someone who
hasn't read comics since he was 12 and who I figured
barely listens if I talk about comics came across your
site, was impressed by it, and made it a point to hunt
me down and make sure I check it out!!!

I've always measured success by how many NON-FANS have
heard of you. Non-baseball fans all over the world at
least know who Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle was, my
grandfather who spoke no English and never read a
comic book in his life still knew who Superman was,
and I've never watched a single episode of Survivor
but still understand the term "voted off the island."

Wouldn't it be great if over time GROO achieved that
level of universal recognition? Hey, ya never know.
Don't underestimate the power of the internet to
spread the word!!!

(Speaking of which, I hope last Saturday night's chat
at Comic Book Resources went well. Who was there?)