[Groop]GROOFEST 2001 aka San Diego Comic Con

Lawrence Steller sheikofentropy@yahoo.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:56:19 -0800 (PST)

--- City Hunter <geoforce@pacific.net.sg> wrote:
> Never been to the US yet.  Is this GROOFEST a
> confirmed annual affair?
> Around which month/date is it usually held?  I am
> planning on going at least
> once in this lifetime.

Hi Jeffrey!

The short version: GROOFEST was organized by Gary
Grossmann as a get-together of GROOP members, and was
held at last year's San Diego Comic Convention.
Basically, the main event was a fun panel hosted by
Mark, Sergio, Stan and Tom that was open to all.

We met informally at the convention, hung a bit with
each other, had some meals together (including quite a
memorable dinner at DICK'S LAST CHANCE), wore our
bright orange GROOP@GROO.COM t-shirts EVERYWHERE, and
attended the Eisner Awards together. On the way to the
Eisners, we were questioned by KEVIN SMITH (CLERKS,
MALLRATS, DOGMA, JAY & SILENT BOB comics, etc.), who
seemed fascinated that Sergio inspired an organized
fan club (the Groop) like ourselves to travel from all
over the world just to HANG OUT.

I would imagine that as long as Sergio and Mark keep
attending the San Diego Con, we Groopers will follow!

=====
Larry Steller AKA The Sheik Of Entropy