[Groop]Grooism down under ... / no-prize

Chad Riden chadmriden@yahoo.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:52:35 -0800 (PST)

> do i get a no-prize ? ... heehee ... btw, does anybody
> know what a no-prize really is ? A free signed comic ?
> A t-shirt ?

the no-prize that i got (from a contest in stan lee's soapbox column in
marvel age) was an empty envelope that had a drawing of the hulk's head in
the corner and said something like "Congratulations! Enclosed is the
Marvel Comics NO-PRIZE which you have won!"

I took an envelope and drew my head in the corner, and marked it up just
like the no-prize except mine said, "Congratulations! Enclosed is the
NO-THANKS for the NO-PRIZE that I won!" I addressed it to stan lee and
dropped it in the mail. a while later, i got a hand-written letter from
stan saying "i got a real kick out of the NO-THANKS that you awarded me.
just wanted you to know. excelsior! stan lee"

chad
www.mangyk9.com - Chad runs head-first into Valentine's Day with an
all-new column and FREE printable Valentine's cards!

=====
Chad M. Riden
ICQ # 9922135, MSN: chadmriden@hotmail.com
HonestToGodThisIsTheBestEmailAddressAliasICouldComeUpWith@chadmriden.com