[Groop]CD Clubs

Sean McCoy woodchuck777@hotmail.com
Wed, 03 Jan 2001 19:22:56

HI All,
First off, WOO~HOO post 01 of 2001

I joinded the BMG thing and got the 12 cd's for the price of one. The only
problem is you have to pay shipping and handling for each cd. So you are
really paying $4-$5 for every cd. And then once a month they mail me a cd
(the cd of the month) and you either have to pay for it (plus shipping and
haddling) or send it back to them. SO if you are as unorginaized as I am you
end up misplasing the cd and then having them send you bills for it. Also
part of the contract is that after you get your 12 cd's you have to buy 1 at
normal price within the next year. well that aint to bad, but the cd at
normal price are around $14-$17 + shipping and haddling. So you are getting
screwed on that deal there. Also I found it hard to pick 12 cd's out of
thier selection that I really wanted. But it really hasnt been to bad of an
ordeal and I never really felt ripped off. But I have heard that the cd that
are sold through these clubs are considered promotional and the artist doest
get any royalties for thier sales. I dont know if this is true or not, but
being an x-musician. I think it totaly stinks if it is true. But enough of
my rambling!

MORE GROO!!!

Sean

P.S. I, who never posts, have more posts than Gary! MWAHAHA!!!