[Groop]Larry Grooism #4 revisited

Lawrence Steller sheikofentropy@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:19:55 -0800 (PST)

--- Jacob Starkey <jedi_master_groo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think they are no cars in Groo because he would
> always find a way to keep his car from running, like
> dropping chopsticks in them, for example.
>
> Jacob S.

Yeah, well, there shouldn't be any cars in Larry's
World either, or perhaps just no chopsticks? I dunno,
it seemed like a good idea at the time... (grumble
mumble mutter gripe)

If you wanna know what Jacob's alluding to, I'll
repost that particular Grooism below:

Grooism #4
The Old Chopstick in the Carburator Trick.

Yet another College Grooism, as usual DOING something
stupid instead of SAYING something stupid...

One day my car ran out of gas a few blocks from
campus, and I managed to push it to the University
parking lot by myself. I walked to the gas station,
got a can of gas, and filled up the tank. The car, by
the way, was a powder blue '72 Duster.

I know very little about cars, but I remembered from
many, many, many other times running out of gas that I
had to put a couple of drops of gas into the valve on
top of the carburator if it didn't turn over
immediately. I rummaged around the trash piled in the
back seat looking for a screwdriver or something to
hold the valve open with.

Aha, a chopstick!!! (wooden)

I was somehow under the impression that I had to hold
the valve open while starting the car, so I left the
chopstick in there as I cranked her up.

Hurray! She started!

Shortly thereafter, I called my friend Brian's room,
who is mechanically able.

"Hey Brian, it's Larry"

"Yeah, hi. We were all watching you from the window.
Ran outta gas, huh?

"Ummm, yeah, but there's a complication. Ya see, I got
a chopstick stuck in my carburator and I can't get it
out..."

"YOU WHAT!!!?"

Oh, I'm sure you can imagine the howls of laughter
from everyone in the room as my predicament was
explained to The Zoodogs (as they were known). Nope,
never managed to live THAT ONE down, although Brian
DID manage to get it out.

Is it worth reposting more of my Grooisms? It's been a
couple of years since my run of Grooism posts, but I
don't know if anyone really wants to read this stuff?
Whattaya think?

=====
Larry Steller AKA The Sheik Of Entropy