[Groop]He is too!

Daniel Bron djb235@nyu.edu
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:30:08 -0500

Hello folks,

Since I am the absolute authority on everything, I'm going to settle this
dispute once & for all time.

Groo *IS* a mass murderer.  My definition of "mass murderer" is a person
kills a lot of people on purpose, without justification.  Groo has killed
many many people, without being provoked, and for no other reason than to
enjoy the fray.  He therefore fits the definition nicely.  A lot of
objections to this idea have been raised, but think of it this way:  if you
did what Groo did, you would be arrested.

Now, given this, why don't we think Groo is evil?  I think it's because
he's ignorant; he knows not what he does.  That doesn't EXCUSE his actions,
mind you, just explains why we don't think he's evil.  And the fact that
he's a fictional character gives us the freedom to take him as he is
presented:  a comic idiot.  I have the idea in my head that if he were
real, he'd be about a foot tall (with his world to scale).  I can't help
but think of him as "the little guy".  He's cute, he's funny, he's dumb,
and he's a mass murderer.  It's as simple as that.

Now that that is settled, we can move on,

-That Guy "who is final arbiter of all things," Daniel

PS:  The doggy's nice, though.