[Groop]Re: Perlis, Sergio in Spain

Daniel Cortés danicortes@bsab.com
Tue, 08 May 2001 19:19:12 +0100

Azamin dixit:

> Btw, when I go to www.perlis .com, I
> got a clothing company in New
> Orleans and when I go to
> www.perlis.net, I got a web page
> named La Granja Perlis which sound
> like a Spanish word.  For those
> Spanish Grooper, is the word Perlis
> means anything to you?  You know,
> Perlis in Malaysia is the name of a
> state and in US, it's a name of a
> clothing company and the name of an
> estate...

Hi groopers!
Azamin, it is perfectly right that you mentioned "Spanish groopers", because
I'm more a grooper than a groopie. La Granja is Spanish for "farm", but
Perlis isn't a Spanish word... Wue have the word "perla" (plural: perlas)
for "pearl", but that's all...
Hey! I met Sergio last week, in the Barcelona comics convention. He comes
every may for the convention and I thought he would't come this year. The
Spanish publisher has edited a new Groo book (Epic 96-99, 105) and Sergio
made a nice drawing in it for me showing Groo under the Spanish rain. By the
way, our rain stays mainly in the plain.
I was really happy to chat with him for a short while and I even got a
glimpse of the magnets. They are bigger than I thought! Unfortunately, his
set was only for demostration, as he didn't expect to sell any, I guess. He
was surprised when I told him I am in the groop! We are everywhere, I
said...
Anyway, now more than ever, I can't wait to receive my magnets from Gary.
Gary, you are making a big thing here with the magnets!
And this is a great groop!
Hasta luego, amigos!
Dani, from Barcelona