[Groop]Met the Man in MI

Bruce Senkpiel brucesenkpiel@hotmail.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 23:29:42 -0400

<P>I too finally met Sergio and he really is nice warm-hearted individual!</P></DIV>
<P>I was at the Motor City Com too.&nbsp; I drove in from Toronto and it was worth it.&nbsp; I must say I have never been at anything like that before.&nbsp; It was a really exceptional experience.&nbsp; Sergio signed a Groo comic for me and my Sergio Groo card and also drew a picture of Groo for me.&nbsp; (Stan Sakai signed my two Groo cards with him on them too!)&nbsp; I also picked up another set of Groo magnets (assuming Gary will really send&nbsp;the first set&nbsp;to me and not horde them for himself as has been rumoured.)&nbsp; I also very much enjoyed Sergio and Stan Sakai's Groo chat.&nbsp; Being new to the Groop (but not to Groo - which I have been reading for about 17 years) I unfortunately didn't have a Groop shirt and I didn't see anyone that did, so I didn't think anyone was present from the Groop.&nbsp; I erred!&nbsp; (Sometimes I'm slow of mind.)</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>If you've never been to a comic con, I definitely recommend attending at least one.&nbsp; It's a unique experience.&nbsp; You can get some great deals (better than e-bay prices).&nbsp; Plus&nbsp;you get to meet genuinely nice people like Sergio and Stan.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Bruce<BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: MisterElie@aol.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: groop@groo.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Groop]Met the Man in MI
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 23:01:45 EDT
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Finally, after years of buying his comics, I finally met Sergio. Wow, what a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;nice guy.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I walked up to him and he greeted me warmly, then I told him I'm a great
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;admirer of his work and that I'm a member of the Groo list. We talked for a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;minute or so and then he signed my Groo comic (I forgot to bring in the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;lunchbox: I'll bring it in tomorrow), I bought the complete set of magnets
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;from him (there were no dots under Rufferto's eyes, if any of you were
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;wondering - he colored them in for us right there), and then I meekly asked
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;if he could draw in my sketchbook and he gladly obliged (drew Groo holding a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;rose and thinking of my wife). Of all the creators I've ever met, he is by
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;far the most famous and definately the nicest (not that I've ever met an
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ill-mannered creator). Looking forward to tomorrow when he and Stan Sakai
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;put on their Groo chat.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;