[Groop]Just a New Yorker

Lawrence Steller sheikofentropy@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 04:28:55 -0700 (PDT)

Thursday, September 13, 2001

In this time of grief and outrage, I would like to
take a moment to remind New Yorkers, Americans and our
global community about the value and diversity of
people.

I would like everyone to reflect on this: there are
many more qualities that make us alike than make us
different.

Whether Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu, or many many
other backgrounds, the specifics of our belief systems
are very different but the messages to heart are
ultimately messages of love and tolerance.

I am no expert on religion, and was raised Roman
Catholic, but I do know that suicide and murder go
expressly against Muslim beliefs. If (IF IF IF) the
cowards who perpetrated this horror profess to come
from a Muslim background, this is NO REFLECTION
whatsoever on those who hold those beliefs to heart,
any more than the religious backgrounds of John Wilkes
Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald or Sirhan Sirhan in any way
shaped their actions.

Please believe this and act accordingly; don't punish
the innocent masses or individuals for the actions of
sick extremists. (oh, but please DO punish those who
are guilty as we have never punished before...)

Let's rise above our differences, whatever they may
be, and concentrate on the many ways our world of
diverse peoples are actually alike.

-Larry Steller, just a New Yorker

P.S. Please pass this along!!!